New Everton Stadium Discussion

Twice bitten, third time shy, im refusing to get onto this particular gerbil wheel until something concrete is announced and even then ill only believed when there are 50k bums on seats.

I'll think you'll find that Leahy's influence in Tesco's has fallen significantly - many of the initiatives he put in place have become very expensive for Tesco shareholders in the last couple of years....

Tesco now has a RS in charge and that alone will hamper whats left of their willingness, if they had any, to get involved.

It,s a simple process to check for approved planning applications on the LCC website, so I will save some of you some time and tell you nothing has been submitted or approved for WHP.

I would concentrate on who is going to fund this project and how much, this will tell you if the club will try to sell a cheap and nasty ground or an iconic ground to the fanbase.

Finally, as Danny has said, who in there right mind would let these owners have another crack at any type of infrastructure project when they have failed at every hurdle.

Last edited:
It,s a simple process to check for approved planning applications on the LCC website, so I will save some of your the time and tell you nothing has been submitted or approved for WHP.

I would concentrate on who is going to fund this project and how much, this will tell you if the club will try to sell a cheap and nasty ground or an iconic ground to the fanbase.

Finally, as Danny has said, who in there right mind would let these owners have another crack at any type of infrastructure project when they have failed at every hurdle.

I dont think thats what is to be revealed reading the article.

All that will be revealed is the site they have decided on.

This all sounds like a board thinking ahead and using local political figures to concoct a non-story around progress on the stadium. I'd imagine LFC and Anderson will be coming forward with concrete proposals regarding their intentions soon after the season ends, so Everton and the council have to be seen to be doing something to move Everton on. It'd have happened at some point (the next stadium scheme announcement), they're just shuffling this forward, IMO.

14 and a half years of failure on this; the private sector and local state know how ludicrous the club are in sticking to plans and providing the wherewithal. This is just talks about talks and if it ever became anything more substantial than that it'd stand practically no chance of coming to fruition...like it's predecessors.

We could be in this holding pattern for another decade at least.

This all sounds like a board thinking ahead and using local political figures to concoct a non-story around progress on the stadium. I'd imagine LFC and Anderson will be coming forward with concrete proposals regarding their intentions soon after the season ends, so Everton and the council have to be seen to be doing something to move Everton on. It'd have happened at some point (the next stadium scheme announcement), they're just shuffling this forward, IMO.

14 and a half years of failure on this; the private sector and local state know how ludicrous the club are in sticking to plans and providing the wherewithal. This is just talks about talks and if it ever became anything more substantial than that it'd stand practically no chance of coming to fruition...like it's predecessors.

We could be in this holding pattern for another decade at least.

Regarding the RS they signed some legal papers last week, so they are moving their project along.

Regarding the RS they signed some legal papers last week, so they are moving their project along.
Well there we have it then. Cause and effect.

I had an inkling the Everton/Anderson statement was just a bit of diplomacy aimed at heading off discontent, and here's the basis for that.