Gerard Deulofeu - Once a Blue, always a Blue

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is of course the examples of Fabregas and Pique though, who did have important development over here for several years which made them into better players than they probably would have been if they have stayed at the club.

But they never had their 1st team debuts before they were poached at 15 & 17 years of age, respectively....Very different situation with those two

Remember, in Spain, France & Italy footballers cannot sign professional contracts under the age of 18...Premiership clubs spend a good majority of their time poaching talents from those leagues without having to pay any fees to the clubs...Deulofeu, himself, has been heavily pursued since he was 14

But they never had their 1st team debuts before they were poached at 15 & 17 years of age, respectively....Very different situation with those two

Is it? They both benefited at young ages from developing in a considerably more physical league that requires tactical discipline and that's the point being made, not the specific ages.

Absolutely he's raw, he is only 19 after all...But I've seen his qualities for several years now, he always ends up dominating every level he's played on...That, for me, is the mark of a special player and I continue to see a special player
He has not dominated this level yet though? so why take him to another..

Is it? They both benefited at young ages from developing in a considerably more physical league that requires tactical discipline and that's the point being made, not the specific ages.

It's not a loan is it?

He has not dominated this level yet though? so why take him to another..

He's been a dominant player for Everton, everytime he's played...I mean, everytime...And he's not even starting

It's not a loan is it?

How does that matter? Fabregas and Pique had technical talent in abundance at a young age but rounded that out with their physical development in England - exactly the same as Deulofeu now. The nature of the transfer is irrelevant, a loan over two years is the exact same as a transfer for two years and being bought back.

He's been a dominant player for Everton, everytime he's played...I mean, everytime...And he's not even starting

He really hasn't, he's been infuriating in quite a few games and his defensive work has been non-existent at times.

He's been encouraging, but dominant? Hardly.

Please stay Gerry. Boss you.

We'll even try to pronounce your name right if you stay.

"The fans are spectacular... When there is a corner it sounds like the end of the world."

It's not a loan is it?

Nonsense.

He was vs. Stoke. That's the only time.

He's been great, but dominant in every game? No. Not by a long, long way.

How does that matter? Fabregas and Pique had technical talent in abundance at a young age but rounded that out with their physical development in England - exactly the same as Deulofeu now. The nature of the transfer is irrelevant, a loan over two years is the exact same as a transfer for two years and being bought back.

The discussion was about the success or value of loans, particularly when it comes to Barcelona....The nature of it is indeed relevant because one is voluntary, the other is not....Cesc & Piqué would've developed into Barcelona starters had they stayed...They broadened their games a bit abroad but it was never the intention of the club to have them go anywhere nevermind develop differently than originally intended...Fabregas has had to relearn concepts he lost while at Arsenal (Gone for 8 years), he's currently the least technically skilled midfielder the club has in the 1st team (Not including Song or Mascherano)...And Gerard never even got a starting role at United, that didn't happen until he returned to Barcelona 4 years later

No one is debating the value of learning new concepts or broadening your game through different exposures but there is another perspective that's been ignored and that's learning, reinforcing and sharpening the philosophy of the club's play by staying to develop at the club...A club that has every youth team down to 8 year olds playing the same way

As I said before, Deulofeu's loan was an exception...There hasn't been a big talent of Gerard's caliber to leave on loan to develop anywhere before him, ever...It was a first and the reason?...Because Neymar was coming in and their forward depth was already deep...But that will likely change this summer

And for those who don't agree he's been dominant, feel free to disagree...But by dominant I merely mean he has created danger everytime he's come onto a match...Think about how many forward players in the world create constant danger on the ball and you'll find Deulofeu is in select company

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.