Ross Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think if Everton have got any savvy about themselves, they'll stick a £40-50m release clause in this deal alone, then if he gets a new one after getting even better, then up the release clause to £50-60m and so on.

we might not end up getting the exact amount of his clause, but it'll be closer to it than the opposite way so IF he did evetually leave we'd be quids in!.

But the way were going under Martinez, i think he'll be around for years to come cos there is real optimism about the place right now and a feeling we could go places.

Doesn't matter what the release clause is if Kenwright wants to sell for less really.

I think if Everton have got any savvy about themselves, they'll stick a £40-50m release clause in this deal alone, then if he gets a new one after getting even better, then up the release clause to £50-60m and so on.

we might not end up getting the exact amount of his clause, but it'll be closer to it than the opposite way so IF he did evetually leave we'd be quids in!.

But the way were going under Martinez, i think he'll be around for years to come cos there is real optimism about the place right now and a feeling we could go places.

They would need to wildly overpay Barkley for him to accept that sort of release clause.

Doesn't matter what the release clause is if Kenwright wants to sell for less really.

TBF why would he need to?

Look what happened with Fellaini

Utd trying to be smart bidding below the release clause and ended up paying 28m for him

Utd trying to be smart bidding below the release clause and ended up paying 28m for him

That sent out a good message that. It showed that despite a change in manager we still aren't going to sell cheap.

Don't [Poor language removed] with Roberto.

You've posted this in the wrong thread - yeah? This one is about Ross Barkley.

I suppose it could be that your understanding of football is slightly less developed than some chap from one of those tribes in the forests of south America who have never had any contact with the outside world. That's another possibility I guess.

He's right in the sense that he needs to improve his end product, the rest is bollocks though. He will get smarter and more productive in time, the lads 19/20 ?? and is being relied on to create everything.

That was Moyes being a tit more than anything.

If City came and offered £35m for Barkley right now i'm fairly sure Kenwright would bite their hand off.

That was Moyes being a tit more than anything.

If City came and offered £35m for Barkley right now i'm fairly sure Kenwright would bite their hand off.

Sorry bren but I think your wrong

He would sell Baines before that happened

We don't need to sell
We won't sell Barkley even if a world record bid comes in

Those are two of the more obvious comments to have come out of Martinez recently. Now, I know we have been burnt before but where we are in the league, how we are playing and the potential we have on the pitch and standing on the touchline says to me that this is our time and it would be Chairman suicide to sell Barkley at this point, and if we do look like or we do reach the potential we are showing then there is no reason to think that we would ever sell him.

Status
Not open for further replies.