• From within the club

Votes: 60 3.8%
  • Other

Votes: 108 6.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
martinez-ins-outs.png

In the transfer market, he hasn't been able to replace players with upgrades, but moyes was exceptionally good at that

I know what you mean mate and I am not convinced by him. I just think us and Wigan and not really comparable

I agree mate. My worry is though that he clearly took Wigan backwards in his 3 years there. His transfer record is poor in my opinion. He lost money on a lot of players and never used what little he had to address the obvious defensive problems. Regardless of all the plaudits he gets about his time at Swansea he never got them promoted.

You have to remember a considerable amount of Wigans defensive woes came from "human error."

Not ALWAYS tactical problems.

Plus, the amount of injuries they got defensively this season was ridiculous. Also, saying that we'll concede a ridiculous amount of goals with him in charge is stupid at the moment.

We don't have the same defence as Wigan do we? Ours is 10x better!

I would be pretty happy with the appointment of Martinez.

I think you're being a bit generous there. Wigan's defence may not be as good as ours, but there looked comically bad at times last season. Our defence is capable of that too. i expect it to happen more if Martinez comes in

It bears repeating again that at least he isn't Mark Hughes

As has been stated, he will have a larger budget here and a squad of players who have just finished 6th. Don't automatically assume he is going to bring Wigan players with him. Likewise moyes will be identifying players for united, he could only dream about signing for us, due to an increased budget. Laudrup would have been my preferred option but nevertheless if Martinez does come here, the fans will get behind him.

Was quite open to Martinez at the start when moyes left but quickly changed my mind and did not want him whatsoever! Mainly due to his defensive tactics/formation ect...

I'm just hoping his flaws will not be a problem at a big club with quality players or at least he's learnt from his mistakes because he does have a lot of plus points.

If we start our first game under him playing a 3-4-3 then I will be seriously worried!

Doesn't 343 become 523 when defending as you can end up with three defenders plus baines and colman helping out at the back.

Status
Not open for further replies.