Votes: 33 2.1%
  • From within the club

Votes: 60 3.8%
  • Other

Votes: 108 6.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
That 3-4-3 kept them up last season, this season they got more points and still went down, they had defensive injuries as well. I'm sure he played a different formation at Swansea so he can adapt with different formations. Its the board fault they are down by not investing in the team.

I would say an inability to accommodate other formations/tactics also plays a part. I do not buy the excuse of injuries as it is part of the football game.

Porto website
Re: We will have new coach Vítor Pereira or continues?
« Reply # 1500 on: Today at 04:02 pm »
"The businessman Manuel Pellegrini confirmed today BALL ONLINE that the Chilean coach for 59 years in fact received an offer from FC Porto to guide the team next season, as BALL moved from London on Sunday. Yet Jesus Martínez assumed Dragons lost the race for Manchester City, which explains the silence of FC Porto on the subject, since the SAD there was no reaction to the news BALL, now fully confirmed. " The Bubble ... As the staff said here ... lol Now ABolha says JJ renewed by benfas ... and stand to be the biggest!

That clears that up then

You can throw facts, figures and history at me but Martinez just doesn't seem the right one, call it gut feeling, he's just not Everton in my mind. I'm not 100% sure who is to be honest.

what do you mean mate?

Just that in terms of net there can be no real substantial argument to be made. Moyes had 11 years in charge, Martinez had 4. Everton have spent much higher on wages then wigan. Not to mention the difference in revenue and the inflation of the transfer market.

I think that if your going to comper transfer budgets for the two. You can only do it by compering the money spent on transfers in the four years they have spent in the leauge together.

Vitor is "forum popular" because he's completely unknown by 99% but a quick google and he's the kid - apparently plays decent footy has won stuff and is the acceptable way of saying not another decade like the last .... end of!

Except closer inspection reveals a few failures on the CV not a straight line graph at all and the accusation he inherited AVB's work and most startling of all has no experience of English football at any level.

He's become fashionable like those kids who wear their kex round their thighs - extraordinary because the obvious downsides are ignored by a certain type of leather.

Now in fairness he might be the dogs but this level of hysteria - just to ignore the good things Martinez did at Swansea and Wigan (oh yeh he did ..... find out about what he had to do to the wagebill before saying he was always in a relegation fight) - sheeple
Excellent post............. totally agree. Pereira is being described as the dog's bollox by people who knew nothing about him before he was being linked with us!

Last edited:
You can throw facts, figures and history at me but Martinez just doesn't seem the right one, call it gut feeling, he's just not Everton in my mind. I'm not 100% sure who is to be honest.

You can hear Bill now can't you. "We decided against a risky appointment that would have been the Porto fella, so we went with a British manager with premier league experience. Roberto will be here for many years to come."

" But Roberto is Spanish Bill ! "

" I thought he was from Wigan ? "

Excellent post............. totally agree. Periera is being described as the dog's bollox by people who knew nothing about him before he was being linked with us!

It's not an excellent post. He's just assumed that nobody knows anything about Pereira his because he doesn't.

Porto website
Re: We will have new coach Vítor Pereira or continues?
« Reply # 1500 on: Today at 04:02 pm »
"The businessman Manuel Pellegrini confirmed today BALL ONLINE that the Chilean coach for 59 years in fact received an offer from FC Porto to guide the team next season, as BALL moved from London on Sunday. Yet Jesus Martínez assumed Dragons lost the race for Manchester City, which explains the silence of FC Porto on the subject, since the SAD there was no reaction to the news BALL, now fully confirmed. " The Bubble ... As the staff said here ... lol Now ABolha says JJ renewed by benfas ... and stand to be the biggest!

oh sh1t am I five minutes out on my 3.57 announcement then?

It,s a **** list because as a club we can only attract the B list managers. We know why that is, so need to repeat.

We deserve a better choice but then it,s not our choice and untill this lot in the main stand have gone we will stumble through season to season.

Did Man Utd 'get lucky' when they scored 2 goals in the final minutes of the euro cup final against bayern? Or when Terry missed his pen in their other final? Does that make Fergie a joke manager?
Thats footy, Martinez and Wigan won the cup, there's no point trying to make out it was lucky or a fluke.
Ideally I want VP but I do think Martinez would be a good choice and would embrace the responsibility of running the club top to bottom.

Fergie has won countless league titles and FA cups, what are you talking about you meff.

Status
Not open for further replies.