CONFIRMED: Moyes Leaving - All Reaction Here

Status
Not open for further replies.
“We have to look forward now and I think any manager coming in will inherit a great squad and great staff around him. It is a dream job. I won’t speculate on the announcement but I think we will move relatively quickly,”

“In Sir Matt Busby and Sir Alex we got in managers who got involved in all aspects of the club. That degree of loyalty is crucial to the success of Manchester United. He (the next manager) needs the required football experience in terms of domestic and European requirements, so it is a small pool.”

http://www.soccersweep.com/david-gill-throws-moyes-appointment-into-doubt/

So I guess they're counting pre-season tours then?

He played gash football when we had an amazing squad too though. When we're struggling he goes back to basics. He's fundamentally a reactive manager too, and to succeed you have to set the tempo, not respond to it in the 79th minute.

Listen, I respect what he's done for us and he was the right man at the right time. But I don't think the same could be said if he goes to United. I fully expect him to flop.
I don't think of him as flawless and even I can see he is going to have it tough. But being well backed like he will be at Old Trafford and having the pick of the best players in the world will transform Moyes I think. Like I said, it's an infinitely more organic appointment, with a view to the long term, unlike Mourinho.

Feel no ill will towards Moyes. He has come as far as he can and reached his glass ceiling at us.

Perhaps with more resources he can continue to win numerous trophies with Utd.

Good luck to him.

But, as people have said, no manager is bigger than the club. Time for a change, for us and him.

Im 20 this month so ive basically only known David Moyes' Everton so im upset to see him go, obviously.
But im also excited and nervous at the same time for the future. It could be very good, or it could be proper ****e like Villa. Kenwright needs to get his replacement spot on, however, i dont trust him to do that.
Deep down though i think Moyes will push them to a replacement, he'll probably think he'd owe it to the Club to do that.

moyes saying he'll wait til the end of the season is sounding more and more like "I'll wait and see if SAF does retire"

Also, the board did bring in Moyes so I have a little faith

our chairman has no money and no ambition,only moyes has kept us where we are,its all downhill from here for me.

You can have that view if you want mate but to me that stinks of defeatism.

IMO

Moyes has intentionally ran his contract down to put himself in a position of strength to secure a new job.
Knowing our financial state, he has put us in a position of very, very limited compensation thus shafting the club and the new manager.

I for one, do not deny him the chance to better, but i feel his own agenda has very much been in place for a long time.

I rate this scenario as bad as any player winding down their contract or manoevering a move away themselves ie Lescott

Good luck to him tho

It's football. No one could ever begrudge ANYONE of leaving their job for the Manchester United job. It's a once in a lifetime opportunity, and Moyes has every right to grasp it with both hands

How dare you introduce a bit of sanity into this pityfest.

;)

Hahahaha. Is right mate.

It all depends on the successor.

There are no decent British bosses available.

Kenwright or Everton aren't intelligent enough to look beyond these shores for a new manager.

I feel a bit sick, the ship is sinking lads. Operation destroy Everton is well underway for Mr Kenwright.

If moyes goes i'm not even going to give another manager a chance, i am going to come on here and fume!!! no one and i mean no one can do what moyes does. Dont forget if it wasnt for moyes we would be playing our derby games against southport.

there was no everton before the great man and we will dissapear when he has gone.

fouth division here we come!!!

*cries uncontrollably*

Moyes has left training to go to chelsea ... with his agent and brother.

??

To watch Chelsea ahead of our game against them on the 19th. Club have had no approach from Utd, he's staying it's Klopp maybe? Champions League or not.

moyes saying he'll wait til the end of the season is sounding more and more like "I'll wait and see if SAF does retire"

Also, the board did bring in Moyes so I have a little faith

Oh come on, nobody was expecting Ferguson to retire this year, least of all that Moyes would be his successor.

The Moyes to United thing died years ago, only to be resucitated today, again to everybody's suprise.

It all depends on the successor.

There are no decent British bosses available.

Kenwright or Everton aren't intelligent enough to look beyond these shores for a new manager.

I feel a bit sick, the ship is sinking lads. Operation destroy Everton is well underway for Mr Kenwright.

Why people seem to think the men who decided to knock down a wall to build on land they had no rights to will hire a good manager based on their one good decision of hiring Moyes over a decade ago is beyond me.

Based on the past decade of [Poor language removed] ups from our board, i'd say the likelihood is the replacement won't be great.

Status
Not open for further replies.