Victor Obinna

Status
Not open for further replies.
Victor Roger Charlie Zulu Nsofor Obinna

Hospital intercepted a police broadcast when he was being named?

Last edited:

Let me just try and clear this up. Mourinho DIDN'T SIGN OBINNA. He was co-owned by Inter and Chievo, and co-ownerships can only exist for a pre-determined amount of time, and that time was over. Thus, Obinna signed for Inter Milan, and because he has Balotelli (amazing btw), Cruz, Ibrahimovic, Adriano? to go and play up front, he doesn't need Obinna, so we're getting him on loan with the option to buy, great deal in my eyes - copied this from the Saha thread, just incase anyone thinks I've posted the same thing twice.

Has anyone seen this dude play?

I have, he oozes bossness out of his pores. Direct as they come.

Yes i youtubed his name for all i was worth and also looked at the BBC website for the games he played in the Olympics, what worrys me is this :

lol i tried to post link but wouldnt let me.. :(

Nigeria squad:

Goalkeepers: Greg Etafia (Moroka Swallows, South Africa), Dele Aiyenugba (Bnei-Yehuda, Israel)

Defenders: Taye Taiwo (Marseille, France), Obinna Nwaneri (Sion, Switzerland), Joseph Yobo (Everton, England), Yusuf Muhammed (Al Hilal, Sudan), Danny Shittu (Watford, England), Chidi Odiah (CSKA Moscow, Russia), Daniel Ola (AC Cesena, Italy)

Midfielders: Christian Obodo (Udinese, Italy), Seyi Olofinjana (Stoke City, England), Lukman Haruna (AS Monaco, France), Yusuf Atanda Ayila (Dynamo Kiev, Ukraine), Kalu Uche (Almeria, Spain)

Strikers: Ikechukwu Uche (Getafe, Spain), Nwankwo Kanu, John Utaka (both Portsmouth, England), Joseph Akpala (Club Brugge, Belgium), Yakubu Aiyegbeni (Everton, England), Carlton Cole (West Ham, England)

He hasnt made the latest squad, so i can see massive work permit problems.

But this joker has :s

West Ham's Carlton Cole is still in the Nigeria squad as the Super Eagles hope he will be eligible to play for them.

This despite the 24-year-old being too old under Fifa regulations to swap nationalities, having already played for England at under-21 level.

The Super Eagles assistant coach Daniel Amokachi told BBC Sport: "We have not completely ruled out Carlton Cole.

"His agents and the English FA are trying to help him secure a special Fifa clearance."

The former Everton striker added: "So we can only wait to see what happens but it's no longer in our hands."

Cole, who was born in England to a Nigerian father and Sierra Leonean mother, was called up to the Nigeria squad that Shaibu Amodu named in August.

Just look BBC sport website for link to whole story.

I dunno what the criteria is but doesnt a player have to play all or 75% of all matches for his country if he's called up? If he's missed things through clubs not allowing him, or injury etc that adds against him from getting the permit. Aint that what happened to Yak when we ran into trouble with him?

Personally i think the whole work permit thing is messed up, im all for protecting young English players and giving them a chance, but surely its up to the clubs who they sign. Its not like hes ever gonna be a drain on any benefits, his huge tax bill will cover everything else and any hospital treatment is gonna be paid for by the club.

Stupid IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.