Moyes leaves in the summer; british or foreign manager? prem exp or lower leagues?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would take the following (in order of my preference):

1. Thomas Tuchel
2. Marcelo Bielsa
3. Paul Lambert
4. Chris Hughton
5. Mark Hughes
6. Nigel Adkins

I also like the tiki-taka type managers (yer Martinez and Poyets etc) but I fear going from Moyes to one of those managers is too big a cultural shift, although to be fair our players are good enough to play that style.

He's a short termer, though. He's at clubs for a year and then off. Is that what we're looking for?

Perhaps he is, or maybe it's just the way his career has gone so far. People always move on, until they find the right fit. I just think his footballing philosophy is more the approach we need now, rather than the safety first/only mentality of the current regime.

Don't forget Neville spent as much time at Old Trafford as he has at Everton,nobody is accusing Utd of playing hoofball.
The reason I would consider Neville is that he seems to be a strong character who isn't led blindly by anybody and I have no idea what style of football he would favour.

I also think it's great that we're trying to grow our own managers. Hopefully the likes of Neville, Stubbs and Ferguson will one day be good enough to manage the 1st team. I heard Ferguson is being interviewed for the Dundee Utd job. No idea if that's true though.

Don't forget Neville spent as much time at Old Trafford as he has at Everton,nobody is accusing Utd of playing hoofball.
The reason I would consider Neville is that he seems to be a strong character who isn't led blindly by anybody and I have no idea what style of football he would favour.

Agreed. I don't necessarily think he would have the same philosophy as Moyes.

He's a short termer, though. He's at clubs for a year and then off. Is that what we're looking for?

There are reasons for that to be fair. he got sacked at Spartak and his position was made untenable at Mallorca. the other jobs were progression for him.

After hearing Stubbs on the radio last night, I don't think he will

I don't think there will be the funds to keep him interested and he may well get a bigger offer.

He spends all the funds on wages. He could easily be using an Anichebe/Barkley etc. instead of Naismith. Naismith is costing the club a wage and hindering the development of the younger players. Heitinga on a massive wage and a squad player. 75% of turnover? Where does he think the money is coming from? Has his quest for 4th place/a trophy now become more important for his cv to attract a bigger club, than for the good of the club?

I am going to be very pleased versus Bolton at the weekend for Moyes' 500th game in charge and will be proud that we have such a long serving manager that has been so committed to the turnaround in fortunes we have experienced under his tenure.

Status
Not open for further replies.