The Bandwagon Is Rolling

Status
Not open for further replies.
the media has been against EFC since i can remember. in the late 70s they labelled us `robots` when we were threatening to achieve something. dont forget they are mostly kopites or LFC sympathisers, barwick was head of ITV and BBC motd programmes and its crazy how evertonians havent been crying like `der agenst us dem arh ay lad` whingers for no reason over the park. "fears of a witch hunt against LFC" my arse- couldnt be more opposite

we play some good stuff along the ground, and we play some direct stuff too, the biggest difference to other teams is when we go direct, the fella we play it to, Fellaini, chests it down and spreads the play, we not just looking to hit a head and hope for the best

To be honest I'm past the point of caring. We know the football we play is good, and the fact that we're 4th and should arguably be higher is a testament to that. Hopefully giving Sunderland a hiding will underline that fact.

Same here. We're 4th for a reason and if we stay there or there about then I couldn't give a cat's arse hole what anyone else says.

If we get labelled a long ball team then to be honest it says more about the person who is saying it than Everton.

Sometimes it's tough being awesome

If they want to see Everton play some hoofball, they should rewind a good decade.

Besides, I think Moyes is being quite smart with his tactics, we're mixing it up, not relying on one single idea to our play, unlike the RS where Rodgers says "If plan A doesn't work then make plan A better". We can play it short, through the middle, down the flanks and in the air, teams don't know how to defend against us and all this "long ball Everton" sh*te is just bitterness really, especially if that opinion comes from across the park.

Any football fan with an ounce of knowledge of the game will say we are playing fantastic football and we deserve every point we've got and more. Anyone who says otherwise isn't worth the time of day.

To be honest I'm past the point of caring. We know the football we play is good, and the fact that we're 4th and should arguably be higher is a testament to that. Hopefully giving Sunderland a hiding will underline that fact.

argue? EFC? we meekly accepted all those wrong decisions against us ffs

Besides, I think Moyes is being quite smart with his tactics, we're mixing it up, not relying on one single idea to our play, unlike the RS where Rodgers says "If plan A doesn't work then make plan A better". We can play it short, through the middle, down the flanks and in the air, teams don't know how to defend against us and all this "long ball Everton" sh*te is just bitterness really, especially if that opinion comes from across the park.

Any football fan with an ounce of knowledge of the game will say we are playing fantastic football and we deserve every point we've got and more. Anyone who says otherwise isn't worth the time of day.

Pretty much word for word what I was going to say. We pass it around when we need to. We knock it onto Fellaini's chest if we need to get it upfield quicker. Surely the best teams are the ones who mix it up the best, with not too much of either so the opposition don't know where it's coming from next.

A few long balls here n there work, daft not to use em. Look at the Celtic Barca game in midweek. Barca had 955 passes to celtic's 125 ( ish ) and 89% posession but lost 2-1, both celtic goals were long balls. No point in over passing it around midfield for 10 minutes before you get a shot off. We have the right balance of passing when needed and killer through balls at the right time.

Our two goals at Fulham last week showed the world that Everton can change it up whenever we want. Brilliant football for the first and just an ordinary long ball up and good work by Fellaini for the second. We will play boss football, but if it gets us nowhere we will hit it long. Playing this way is better than passing it aimlessly across the halfway line and getting nowhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.