6 + 2 Point Deductions

Mad why clubs voted not to share broadcast rights equally. Explains why and how quickly those Super League 6 became very sorry and apologised with a measley £3m fine (which I don't think they have paid yet)

The deck is stacked in their favour by MILLIONS.

Utter bootlickers.
That chart showed total broadcast income and not just monies from the men’s PL.

Clubs get paid money for their FA Cup and EFL ties being shown, the same applies when it comes to playing in UEFA tournaments. Some clubs have their own in house TV Channels , some show academy matches on a pay to view app .

You have TV monies from woman’s football again the more successful and the more completions the more income from broadcast will show up.

Monies paid from the PL is based on numerous factors such as league position but the more matches of yours that are shown pays more partly because of the change to day and time th match is played .Quite often the PL broadcast money is greater for a lower performing team

Here’s the 22/23 payments for teams not relegated

1 Manchester City £170m
2 Arsenal £167.8m
3 Manchester United £165.5m
4 Newcastle United £163.4m
5 Liverpool £161.2m
6 Brighton £159m
7 Aston Villa £156.8m
8 Tottenham Hotspur £154.6m
9 Brentford £152.4m
10 Fulham £150.2m
11 Crystal Palace £148m
12 Chelsea £145.8m
13 Wolves £143.6m
14 West Ham £141.4m
15 Bournemouth £139.2m
16 Nottingham Forest £137m
17 Everton £134.8m

Have your say​

UPCOMING FIXTURES
SATURDAY, 6 APRIL 2024
Fulham15:00Newcastle
SATURDAY, 13 APRIL 2024
Newcastle12:30Tottenham
SATURDAY, 20 APRIL 2024
Man UtdPostp.Newcastle
WEDNESDAY, 24 APRIL 2024
Crystal Palace20:00Newcastle
SATURDAY, 27 APRIL 2024
Newcastle15:00Sheff Utd

Season 2023/24
Fixtures - Results - Scorers
Premier League Table
Match Reports
Submit An
Article

NEWSLETTER​

GET YOUR DAILY UPDATE AND WEEKLY NEWSLETTER BY SIGNING UP TODAY!
FIRST NAME
LAST NAME
EMAIL

DAILY
WEEKLY
Submitting your details indicates your consent for The Mag to send you email marketing messages and process personal data. Please read our Privacy Policy which includes details of how to exercise your privacy rights and opt out of email marketing.

© 2024 THE MAG. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. DESIGN & BUILD BY MEDIAWORKS

I had my own business after leaving a local authority role. I was a director of my business.
It was the hardest ive ever worked. Full on 24/7.
The premise was that i was the last to get paid.

Other companies had,what is known as, Golf course directors. Wallowing in the title, draining the business, devoid of leadership, head in sand, never responsible ,doing the least ossible for the actual company. Always first for the freebies, race days, awards , new phones etc
It sounds like we had a Golf Course Board

Just to make note, give us the 6 point deduction back it raises us just one place in the league.

That is how utterly skid marks we've been this season. Properly bad.

If they apply the double jeopardy rule from the efl, we shouldn't get a point deduction. That first year for which we have already being excessively punished for (comparatively to forest) should be max out to 35 millions loses...and so that should keep us within 105 millions

Just to make note, give us the 6 point deduction back it raises us just one place in the league.

That is how utterly skid marks we've been this season. Properly bad.
It puts us on the same points we have finished on in the last two seasons with 7 games to go. After not spending any dough for years on an already struggling squad what are you expecting?

It puts us on the same points we have finished on in the last two seasons with 7 games to go. After not spending any dough for years on an already struggling squad what are you expecting?
It frames how deeply in the dirge we are compared to the comfortable sides in the league. 36 points finish last season. 39 season before. We'd be on 35 now. The three key fixtures, forest luton sheff utd.
This side, this football, this manager, these tactics, deserve the points off. Happy with three points, but it's an embarrassed happy. Today was so bad it was poisonous.

Massive result today for us. With the points deduction (I am assuming 4 points) if Burnley had won then they would have been on 21 pts and we would be on 20 pts (if 4 points is correct). That is the result that could have possible saved us .......not a 6 pointer but a 10 pointer

It frames how deeply in the dirge we are compared to the comfortable sides in the league. 36 points finish last season. 39 season before. We'd be on 35 now. The three key fixtures, forest luton sheff utd.
This side, this football, this manager, these tactics, deserve the points off. Happy with three points, but it's an embarrassed happy. Today was so bad it was poisonous.
We'd be on 35 points one win from safety with 7 to play after two last gasp relegation battles in a row, trying to balance a hideous squad without a budget. We are exactly where anyone with any reasonable sense of judgement would expect us to be.

We'd be on 35 points one win from safety with 7 to play after two last gasp relegation battles in a row, trying to balance a hideous squad without a budget. We are exactly where anyone with any reasonable sense of judgement would expect us to be.
Fine, it still sucks, and the points removed don't mean all that much in the table as we stand.