2023/24 Sean Dyche

Dyche teams do not score many goals .
That is an irrefutable fact , borne out by a glance at his managerial statistics.
Calvert - Lewin is a competent PL centre forward , we have seen him scoring goals regularly for us before the arrival of Dyche.
The evidence above strongly suggests that the reason we have a low scoring rate owes more to Dyche’s style of football than to Calvert -Lewin’s abilities.

Chris Wood scored over 10 goals a season most years for a Dyche side.

Again though, we probably have different expectation levels here. I don't see how we realistically expect huge improvement on the previous two years given we've not really given the manager any particularly big resources to make huge improvements. Pragmatically, the only way I can see to judge it is to remove any subjectivity and emotion from it and judge based on what he delivers in mathematical terms. I'm sick of the "unlucky" arguments re xG and everything else, so to me the only fair way you can decide if he's doing enough to stay here is to judge over a full season and see if he gets enough points overall that would be deemed enough of an improvement on last season to be happy with.
Yeah we've only given him about 5 new players to use so naturally we shouldn't expect wins.

He's not good enough for Everton. We should not play for damage mitigation and draws at home. We shouldn't accept mediocrity (or below) with open hands like this, and if we get a new owner he should go. Great that he got us this mythical stability, but he'll be the prolonged death of the club, he's not a "saviour" of any kind.

"Who will replace him" question is what I suppose will follow - we have a whole scouting department and DoF, they should look at manager prospects and actually do their job for a change. If you or anyone else thinks "there's no one else who can do his job" I honestly am lost for words.

I’m finding it hard, to see how you got a yes from that muchacho.
I'm finding it hilarious how politically you answer any simple question with a load of waffle lol

So do you blame him for how poor we are? Yes/no.

And why are we using arguably the worst season in our recent history (which he himself was also a part of, just in case people have forgotten for some reason) as a yardstick for doing well?

Dyche teams do not score many goals .
That is an irrefutable fact , borne out by a glance at his managerial statistics.
Calvert - Lewin is a competent PL centre forward , we have seen him scoring goals regularly for us before the arrival of Dyche.
The evidence above strongly suggests that the reason we have a low scoring rate owes more to Dyche’s style of football than to Calvert -Lewin’s abilities.

His "regular" stats of the past 3 seasons.
This season 3 goals in 23 starts
Last season 2 goals in 17 matches
Season before 5 goals in 17 matches.
Thats 10 goals in 66 games. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt about injuries. But he never scored the seasons before dyche was here either. Lets not kid on he was a regular scorer before.

3 home wins is disgraceful and also incredibly disheartening at this point.
Last season was a very poor season , so I’m not sure why we would use it as a measure of relative success?

I agree I think he often messes up at home, I’d critique him there, think he’s been massively naieve.

I don’t know why you wouldn’t, if you already matched a previous seasons output and have over a quarter of a season to go, it indicates an improvement in output rate - would have thought that was quite important and obvious.

Got to be a bit of give and take. What can he do on the training ground regarding beto putting it over the bar from 2 yards out against fulham, that would have been the winner. Have him in monday morning and heading it from 2 yards 100 times?
That doesn’t invalidate my point that Dyche has to make this present squad work.

There’s literally no other choice.

I agree I think he often messes up at home, I’d critique him there, think he’s been massively naieve.

I don’t know why you wouldn’t, if you already matched a previous seasons output and have over a quarter of a season to go, it indicates an improvement in output rate - would have thought that was quite important and obvious.
Without the points deduction we would still be too close to the relegation struggle for comfort at this point, so the improvement is very marginal.
His managerial statistics are only a cigarette paper away from the two previous (sacked) incumbents.
And , subjectively, the football on offer is dire.

I'm finding it hilarious how politically you answer any simple question with a load of waffle lol

So do you blame him for how poor we are? Yes/no.

And why are we using arguably the worst season in our recent history (which he himself was also a part of, just in case people have forgotten for some reason) as a yardstick for doing well?

It’s interesting that you mention politics because when you lads can’t argue very simple points, you resort to rethoirc, then move on to ask a different question. There is a Twitter account somewhere, were all these neg stats are being pulled because it sure as hell ain’t coming from watching and being an astute judge of football!

A classic line in negoation is when you can’t argue subject matter is to make it binary - closed binary questions as opposed to open, with yes/no answers, It works quite successfully on stuff like Brexit and Trump as it’s simple for the masses, Do you want to make America great again? lol

Very simply because that is the base he’s built from and also a competitive measure to see if there has been incremental improvement. I mean it’s pretty stupid not to compare really.

Without the points deduction we would still be too close to the relegation struggle for comfort at this point, so the improvement is very marginal.
His managerial statistics are only a cigarette paper away from the two previous (sacked) incumbents.
And , subjectively, the football on offer is dire.

Don’t agree mate think we’d be safe as houses.

Yep and don’t agree with the rest either.

As we are both proving we can all supply stats to support him or berate him, depends on the fields really.