6 + 2 Point Deductions

I mean, we did delay our first hearing to avoid relegation. I don't have a problem with that, it was the right thing to do for the club.
And the commission agreed it was entirely reasonable to allow sufficient time for preparation. Zero rules broken because there were no rules about timetable. The implication is we hid until it was too late. Sounds more like we said “ooo that’s going to be a bit tight for Mosh to write his speech about midfielders,” and they agreed it was a bit tight.

Edit: sounds like I have blue blinkers on, I don’t. I cringe a bit every time I see “we built a stadium and they bought loads of crap players.” It’s true, but also true we wouldn’t have been close to breaching if we didn’t still have a load of crazy contracts ongoing on the crap players we did buy in recent years, plus the crap ones we then gave fresh contracts. I just want equality of punishment

Last edited:
The regulator doesn't even need to do a good job to be better than the premier league. It just needs to show a slight bit of consistency in its decision making to be better than the league.

It won't be perfect but it will be prefera ble

I have little faith in the Government doing anything positive, they mess up nearly everything they touch.

Look at Utd - potentially getting taxpayers money to build a bigger modernised ground which in effect is state sponsored doping RE FFP because Jim Ratcliffe is a Tory party donor. Then forcing through the Saudi takeover, meeting with Man Citys owners over the 115 charges and banishing our Usmanov.

If they made the FFP rules fairer then that alone would be a positive but I doubt they'll even touch that.

And the commission agreed it was entirely reasonable to allow sufficient time for preparation. Zero rules broken because there were no rules about timetable. The implication is we hid until it was too late. Sounds more like we said “ooo that’s going to be a bit tight for Mosh to write his speech about midfielders,” and they agreed it was a bit tight.
We all know that's not what happened. It's like Trump delaying his trials until he's elected and can pardon himself. We hoped we'd somehow be in a better situation regarding relegation this season, and we'd have another year of TV money and Premier League money. It looks like we might have been right.

We'll be irrelevant to the new regulator. Our days of overspending on transfers and/or wages are gone. We have to pay so much on debt repayments there's very little left for the squad.and we can look forward to
And we can look forward to sales of Pickford, Branthwaite and Onana and replaced with Tom Heaton, Ben Mee, Josh Brownhill and our main summer signing Jack Harrison.

They've tried to stick up for themselves and used us as an argument to help their own cause. It's fairly cynical but I'm not sure I blame them too much.

I blame the league for appearing to give weight to their ridiculous arguments. And I blame the league for awarding a totally inconsistent penalty.

I'm more annoyed at the lack of response and absence of leadership from Everton, than I am annoyed at Forest.
Totally agree with this mate, we’ve been a zombie club for too long.

The PL can appeal the Forest decision cant they? It’s clear that 1. The rules are crap 2. They are shallow in that there is no substance or structure to them and 3. Most importantly there has been no consistency and one club has been dealt with more harshly than the other, in objective terms so if the PL decided to open up with a recommendation of 8 points (based on our appeal verdict of a reduction to 6), then surely seeing the inconsistencies in how the rules have been applied, they should / looking to appeal. They should be challenged over this as I’d be very surprised if Forest appeal that.

The PL can appeal the Forest decision cant they? It’s clear that 1. The rules are crap 2. They are shallow in that there is no substance or structure to them and 3. Most importantly there has been no consistency and one club has been dealt with more harshly than the other, in objective terms so if the PL decided to open up with a recommendation of 8 points (based on our appeal verdict of a reduction to 6), then surely seeing the inconsistencies in how the rules have been applied, they should / looking to appeal. They should be challenged over this as I’d be very surprised if Forest appeal that.
You'd hope that we get either a 1 or 2 points deduction or nothing at all in exchange for us not going on about this. This is a huge embarrassment for the Premier League at a time when they should be celebrating a 3 horse race for the League for the first time in forever.

The regulators are coming…….
1710837596991.jpeg

Forest got a lesser points deduction because they had a template on how not to present their more serious case case from us. They were rewarded for not wasting time. That is patently unfair
I don't have an issue with "cooperation" being taken into account. But how much mitigation can that offer when Forest have breached to the tune of 35m compared to our 19m? Secondly, if Everton acted in good faith - as per the appeal commission - how were we uncooperative?

The fact of the matter is, rules need to be applied consistently. Otherwise, they are not fit for purpose. Worse, they leave the governing body open to accusations of favouritism and/or corruption even if incompetence is the real issue. The Premier League have undermined themselves every bit as expertly as Moshiri has Everton.

It will be a better system, even if its not a good system. Its not a high bar.

The way the league has handled these cases has been a total mess and blatantly unfair.

They are going to come in and want to make a massive statement.

We have a massive target on our backs because we are a car crash of a club.

They will make an example of us.