2023/24 Ben Godfrey

He's got loaned out to Hull next season with them paying 15% of his salary written all over him. No chance we sell any of him, Keane or Holgate this summer. In fact, I'd bet my house (if I had one) that one of those three has already been earmarked to partner Tarkowski next season.

I think with the money for Branthwaite they'll be enough flexibility to get in a CB on loan or for 10m. Big ask for them to step up and be as good as Jarrad of course.

There's only so much Tarks can do as we saw for Villa away right at the start of the season what terror Keane brings and would be the same with the other two as teams would just play on the vulnerability.

Someone like Johnny Evans will also probably be looked at although he might actually get a new deal at Man. United as he's been surprisingly decent most games he's played for them. Exactly the type of CB Dyche would be salivating over if he's on the free transfer market anyway.

UNBELIEVABLE indeed.

Hahah, what?

Unbelievable indeed.

If you google Ben Godfrey Italy you will find the "source" of this "rumour", as I said, Zat gets his news from The Scum and we all know what that makes him?

I think there comes a point where I have to wonder if some posters are actually just here to moan and complain & poke fun at actual Evertonians.

The news came out of the Italian focused sites and was around for a week or so with both Atalanta & Roma linked.

As soon as that news broke, Godfrey started against Fulham in the next match.

Whether an optimist or a pessimist its not hard to deduce that he was being kept back due to a pending Jan move.

@Goat I'm sure you're not the only person here to 'secretly' peruse the s*n. Although (with your home life as it has been) I imagine thats for the page 3.

I googled Ben Godfrey Italy, 3 Italy focused sites appeared. So your constant use of the s*n website must have it at the very top of your search preferences. For me it was 4th down -- having never been opened.

The constant lies will make you more miserable than you already are. Try going out and getting some fresh air, meeting new people and join groups and clubs.

I think there comes a point where I have to wonder if some posters are actually just here to moan and complain & poke fun at actual Evertonians.

The news came out of the Italian focused sites and was around for a week or so with both Atalanta & Roma linked.

Whether an optimist or a pessimist its not hard to deduce that he was being kept back due to a pending Jan move.

@Goat I'm sure you're not the only person here to 'secretly' peruse the s*n. Although (with your home life as it has been) I imagine thats for the page 3.

I googled Ben Godfrey Italy, 3 Italy focused sites appeared. So your constant use of the s*n website must have it at the very top of your search preferences. For me it was 4th down -- having never been opened.

The constant lies will make you more miserable than you already are. Try going out and getting some fresh air, meeting new people and join groups and clubs.
Yikes Zat, you sound a bit mad my bro.

I dont read The Scum, its very easy to google something and then look at dates the stories were published, without clicking on the stories, but hey ho, its not that deep.

As for "my home life", well I dunno, im still a very happily married man, with a loving family, I dont really need anything else in my life, but I thank you for your concern for my well-being.

Yikes Zat, you sound a bit mad my bro.

I dont read The Scum, its very easy to google something and then look at dates the stories were published, without clicking on the stories, but hey ho, its not that deep.

As for "my home life", well I dunno, im still a very happily married man, with a loving family, I dont really need anything else in my life, but I thank you for your concern for my well-being.

I think you’re missing a bit of TribalFootball in your life myself.

So did I Zat, and all the reports come from the same source: Il Corriere dello Sport

And it literally says “a potential target”, as in Everton probably had 50 potential targets in the summer.

There was no deal, agreement or anything else on the table other than a journo filling space on the website

Funnily enough I googled "ben godfrey italy" and the only source that's mentioning any kind of price is the s*n, and another one quoting the sun while explaining why the Beckham law would be impacting apparent negotiations.

For the rest it stopped at "Roma might be looking at him but they're skint and want free transfers instead" which was 3rd of January. The best part of that is that even those are quoting the same dubious article that says literally nothing other than namedropping him, and that the websites are "get-italian-football-news.com" and other rumour aggregation sites lol It's like going to the Everton section on "NewsNow" and believing literally everything they've made up there lol

It's not even lying to ourselves - you're believing, by choice, Italian "media".

So did I Zat, and all the reports come from the same source: Il Corriere dello Sport

And it literally says “a potential target”, as in Everton probably had 50 potential targets in the summer.

There was no deal, agreement or anything else on the table other than a journo filling space on the website
Oh also Corriere are basically hot garbage.

Back Five.

Coleman, Holgate, Keane, Godfrey and Young.

Oh, the gods are smiling upon us.
old-guy-falling-down-stairs.gif