2023/24 Sean Dyche

…I’m only repeating what they continually said on telly today, along with their assessment that Everton are tactically sound, well organised but lack quality in the top third. Pretty much what I’ve been saying through this bad run.

The club is a wrecking ball, it’s bound to manifest itself on the pitch. I’ll repeat, without the off-field issues nobody was complaining about Dyche Everton. I’m sticking with him, I actually think he’s our only chance.
The problem is not getting shots mostly, we got 23 in old trafford today, really a lot. But only 6 of them were on target, and not clear-cut chances. That's a bit of a problem to make the shots to clear chances. Obviously against West Ham we had 5-6 clear-cut chances that should lead to 2-3 goals in total, but not today. It describes a bit the problem of our season, that's what really on the setup and finishing ability eventually.

…I’m only repeating what they continually said on telly today, along with their assessment that Everton are tactically sound, well organised but lack quality in the top third. Pretty much what I’ve been saying through this bad run.
like the tv pundits are going to say anything bad about Dyche.

This is not a bad run, this is a sackable offence. No other team with any respect would allow a manager to win 3 games all season and go on 11 match run that has produced 5 points. That’s, as I said, is not a bad run.

The manager is, and always will be a defensive minded manager who sets up teams to snatch goals. It’s just the way he is.

He has not once tried to change anything. Same formation, same style of play with the odd personnel change.

It’s almost a cert that on 60 minutes the strikers get swapped; like for like change. Harrison is then next on the list, no matter how poor McNeil is playing. And I’ll put good money on that DCL starts next game, because that’s the height of tactical ability.

There’s no change in formation to try and give either Harrison or McNeil any freedom and there is certainly no support from the fullbacks, making over lapping runs. No overloading the wings to create pockets of space, no crosses from the byline for the attackers.

It’s absolutely embarrassing that this man, not only managers Everton football club, but he has fans making excuses for him and not seeing what is front of them. A very one minded, one approach defending first manager.

they go away for 3 weeks, they comeback and there’s no change in how we approach games then is no question in my mind that he should be sacked immediately after the season ends. And what makes it worse, if we go down fans will actually blame the PL rather than god awful football and attacking output this manager cobbles together in the back of a pack of ciggies

…I doubt the choice of RB was why we lost that game today.

Folk complained about Young, they complained about Coleman being past it and complained about Patterson being a defensive liability. Regardless, only one team in the league have more clean sheets than Dyche Everton, only one team has conceded less goals from open play than Dyche Everton.

Whoever plays RB isn’t the issue.
And only two teams have less goals...

like the tv pundits are going to say anything bad about Dyche.

This is not a bad run, this is a sackable offence. No other team with any respect would allow a manager to win 3 games all season and go on 11 match run that has produced 5 points. That’s, as I said, is not a bad run.

The manager is, and always will be a defensive minded manager who sets up teams to snatch goals. It’s just the way he is.

He has not once tried to change anything. Same formation, same style of play with the odd personnel change.

It’s almost a cert that on 60 minutes the strikers get swapped; like for like change. Harrison is then next on the list, no matter how poor McNeil is playing. And I’ll put good money on that DCL starts next game, because that’s the height of tactical ability.

There’s no change in formation to try and give either Harrison or McNeil any freedom and there is certainly no support from the fullbacks, making over lapping runs. No overloading the wings to create pockets of space, no crosses from the byline for the attackers.

It’s absolutely embarrassing that this man, not only managers Everton football club, but he has fans making excuses for him and not seeing what is front of them. A very one minded, one approach defending first manager.

they go away for 3 weeks, they comeback and there’s no change in how we approach games then is no question in my mind that he should be sacked immediately after the season ends. And what makes it worse, if we go down fans will actually blame the PL rather than god awful football and attacking output this manager cobbles together in the back of a pack of ciggies
Look, I think he's done a great job for us in as far as tightening us up, getting us more disciplined and setting a solid base, but it's hard to disagree with anything you've written.

…yep, I’m more concerned he leaves us for somebody else.
The problem is that we also have to consider the financial aspect in every major decision we take at the moment. And the sacking of Dyche would be one as it would be around 10m atm. There would be sportive reasons to do so. Keeping him is a risk considering the latest form that could end up in relegation, but a change could mean we would do better but also show no improvement. Both is a risk atm.

Look, I think he's done a great job for us in as far as tightening us up, getting us more disciplined and setting a solid base, but it's hard to disagree with anything you've written.
I have absolutely zero issue in how we play away; that’s never been a concern. I’m happy to sit back, absorb and try and snatch a goal.

At goodison, nope. We need to be the aggressor, he loses the crowd in the first 10 minutes because we’re so coy and there is no sustained pressure.

Losses are losses, it’s when we have this really weird plodding of trying to break. There’s no real conviction, it’s almost like players don’t know what to do.

Moves breakdown because players have no idea where other players are, because nothing seems to be worked.

even if, for example Patterson played, and the instruction was “as soon as we win possession Patterson starts bombing down the wing and the first person looks to play him in behind the left back”; it may get him in once or twice throughout the game. But it makes the opposition wary and will force them to change how they consider moving forward.

But nope we break, look like a gang of strangers and hope to get a set piece

The problem is that we also have to consider the financial aspect in every major decision we take at the moment. And the sacking of Dyche would be one as it would be around 10m atm. There would be sportive reasons to do so. Keeping him is a risk considering the latest form that could end up in relegation, but a change could mean we would do better but also show no improvement. Both is a risk atm.
That’s it really. It is a risk whatever way you go but I think changing at this stage is the bigger risk. Seen so many clubs in the past panic and make the change and it is a disaster. Southampton springs to mind

Mentality is a big part, and the RS usually have a team beat mentally that playing some kids make them look like superstars.

Klopps been there 8 years and, unless I'm wrong, only TAA has come through the academy and held a 1st team place.
Mentality is right - they would never talk down their young players, and neither should we, even if it may be the true.