Relegation 23/24 Thread

We won't go out of business. The owners will. We might have to become a phoenix club, but Everton FC is basically the fans - and there are about 50,000 of them to support the club if the worst happens. They are not going to just melt into the night.

We could very tell spend a generation in the lower leagues - but the club in some form will survive.
That's extinction in my eyes of this proud club. I'll be here, all of us will be, but it's akin to what's left over after a nuclear fallout.

We'd sell onana, branthwaite, DCL and Pickford, those 4 would probably bring in 150m, plus high earners like gomes and Alli off the wage bill, parachute payments would obviously help in the first season, I think we could navigate it potentially

Beto would probably score a hatful in the championship as well (maybe I'm being too glass half full)

We'd sell onana, branthwaite, DCL and Pickford, those 4 would probably bring in 150m, plus high earners like gomes and Alli off the wage bill, parachute payments would obviously help in the first season, I think we could navigate it potentially

Beto would probably score a hatful in the championship as well (maybe I'm being too glass half full)
Yeah, it's not much consolation when results are the way they are but compared to the same scenario in the last two seasons I think we have a much higher value of sellable assets and much less dead wood on the wage bill.

You're forgetting the money we invested in Chermitti. He'll be a hit in the lower league.

If you listen to any of the podcasts from The Esk, as you go to bed at night, you'll wish you'll never wake from your slumbers such is his slant on our financial situation.
I dont really take to much notice money wise, apart from us obviously knowing we are in a bad way, and the ESK doing what he does worst at times. But ive seen people over the weeks say his figures that he comes up with, are actually usually around 30% worst than when the actual firgues come out

Our misery will continue until we get owners in who want to change the club from top to bottom, but I don't want anyone telling me Dyche is a good manager, he is bang average, there is a reason why he was Burnley manager for a long time and when he was sacked no one came in for him only us.

His teams don't score it's that simple

yup