Relegation 23/24 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
In what way would we cease to exist, honest question
Best off looking in the investment threads and such, but we are absolutely skint and already owing on some serious loans. Our team is weak, thin and lacking goals and belief, we'd be lucky to finish mid table in the Championship at this point in time, without being in the Premier League I think we go into administration and into extinction. That sounds very doom mongery, but we really are financially on the tipping point right now.

They get talked about as though they are safe, a little like Leicester were constantly talked about the final 2 odd months last year that they would get out of trouble no problem.
Deductions will probably see them safe. If Forest get what we got that puts them 8 points clear of relegation. That's not what you want to be relying on mind you.

Best off looking in the investment threads and such, but we are absolutely skint and already owing on some serious loans. Our team is weak, thin and lacking goals and belief, we'd be lucky to finish mid table in the Championship at this point in time, without being in the Premier League I think we go into administration and into extinction. That sounds very doom mongery, but we really are financially on the tipping point right now.
Can’t believe it’s came to this , richest league in the world, if we’d blew through all that doe and won a cup or something then fair enough but to be crap then somehow go even crapper takes some doing

If we are relegated, I would doubt that Everton FC would even exist. I don't think you understand the seriousness of our financial situation.
A slight tangent, and I’m ashamed of myself for even thinking this, but I feel frustrated that our former chairman never got to see the full extent of his destruction of Everton FC.

Might get pelters for that, but he is the reason we are on our knees, and I doubt he ever acknowledged that even to himself.

…I think it’s different doing that at the start of the season as opposed to January. Dyche Everton were not a relegation team until the troubles off the pitch kicked in.
Also Brentford being a 'relegation rival' is quite the surprise

Well all the internationals would go so that would be 100m +.Then you do get parachutes straight away so there would be enough working capital.

This was all said about Burnley when they went down two years ago. In the end they sold who they needed to, keep an experienced core and came back up with 100 + points (not that it's done them much good this season).

A slight tangent, and I’m ashamed of myself for even thinking this, but I feel frustrated that our former chairman never got to see the full extent of his destruction of Everton FC.

Might get pelters for that, but he is the reason we are on our knees, and I doubt he ever acknowledged that even to himself.
He knew mate he weren’t even allowed to go the match anymore , take comfort in that

Well all the internationals would go so that would be 100m +.Then you do get parachutes straight away so there would be enough working capital.

This was all said about Burnley when they went down two years ago. In the end they sold who they needed to, keep an experienced core and came back up with 100 + points (not that it's done them much good this season).
It's all about the change of ownership really. Get a solvent owner with a long term plan and the club could survive relegation easily with parachute payments and the necessary player sales. At the same time if we don't then we could stay up and be in far worse financial trouble.

Even in the worse case scenarios the club isn't just going to disappear. The stadium is a massive asset for someone, but whoever that is requires a football team to play in it for it to have value. So it's ultimately not in anyone's interest to put Everton out of business.

Fair point, but considering our start to the season, we can't have had too many points before we let him go and must have been near the bottom of the table. Unfortunately, the reality is that as a club, we have loaned a player who has outscored any Everton player to a relegation rival. I also believe we never played him to his strengths but that is obviously a different discussion.

I'm not saying it would happen in 12 months, it would happen over a few seasons, a long painful slide.

It's all about the change of ownership really. Get a solvent owner with a long term plan and the club could survive relegation easily with parachute payments and the necessary player sales. At the same time if we don't then we could stay up and be in far worse financial trouble.

Even in the worse case scenarios the club isn't just going to disappear. The stadium is a massive asset for someone, but whoever that is requires a football team to play in it for it to have value. So it's ultimately not in anyone's interest to put Everton out of business.
We won't go out of business. The owners will. We might have to become a phoenix club, but Everton FC is basically the fans - and there are about 50,000 of them to support the club if the worst happens. They are not going to just melt into the night.

We could very tell spend a generation in the lower leagues - but the club in some form will survive.

Status
Not open for further replies.