2023/24 Sean Dyche

If every one of our attacking players is struggling to score, the problem is systemic.

I don’t see how anyone can view that differently.

Whether it’s psychological or technical, it’s a universal issue within the squad.

It wasn’t, now it is.

Coaching is the only thing that can change that.

The only thing.

And Dyche thinks they just need to ‘do what they’ve been doing.’
That’s far too easy though mate. The manager averages 1.2 goals per game over 400 games

The problem is front everyone’s eyes but it’s just easier to blame the players and not what, or how, they are being coached

If every one of our attacking players is struggling to score, the problem is systemic.

I don’t see how anyone can view that differently.

Whether it’s psychological or technical, it’s a universal issue within the squad.

It wasn’t, now it is.

Coaching is the only thing that can change that.

The only thing.

And Dyche thinks they just need to ‘do what they’ve been doing.’

I dont think you can coach limited players to be better ones mate. There are limits. You can improve probability sure through practice and patterns,, but overall quality, im not sure not be the margins thats its panacea. We have limited quality in my opinion.

We sold our quality in fact some clapped it out the door or told uss we had to sell it, now were moaning because we cant score.

What did we think would happen.

if Dyche can address this lacklustre mentality once again, we will see a completely different team. Chances will naturally increase and teams won’t be able to hurt us the way they are doing now.

It’s really a simple fix, but I’m not sure if the players are believing in such approach anymore. Their pressing and desire to win the ball back is abysmal at best.

I’m not sure who is to blame, Dyche or the players.
I think the bold is becoming more and more of an issue right now, to be honest. It's inevitable that when a team has such an impressively bad run of results and the manager basically refuses to change anything of substance, the players must start to question his methods. You can only buy into the talk for so long if the results don't follow.

It looks to me like some of the players might be starting to check out just a bit.

That’s far too easy though mate. The manager averages 1.2 goals per game over 400 games

The problem is front everyone’s eyes but it’s just easier to blame the players and not what, or how, they are being coached
I’m genuinely astonished at much Dyche is looking to peg this on the players and take no responsibility for the coaching.

But this was his response to a question about goalscoring.

If you have one striker not scoring, fine.

If your whole team isn’t scoring, it’s not on the players.

It’s on the coaching.
It's on both. Having an insufficient tactical approach to attacking and players not having the quality to finish. Maybe there is a new impulse needed.

We get a lot of shots, 23 today, 22 vs West Ham, 6 vs Brighton, 19 vs Crystal, 5 vs Man City, 14vs Spurs, that's a total of 89 shots in 6 games, averaging 15 per game. It's a good value generally and not the problem.

But how many of these shots have been dangerous, probably 15-20 maximum. Going deeper. We scored 5 goals out of them, which means we need about 18 shots to score 1 goal. That's a horrible value. Only one goal out of these was from open play (vs West Ham, 4 were after set pieces Tottenham, Brighton and Palace). That's my biggest worry.

Not the amount of shots is problematic, but the quality of chances we create. In the end, it's one of the manager's tasks to set up a plan that is conducive for that, which mostly isn't by Dyche, but also the responsibility of the players to finish chances. I do think we must have ended with 8-10 goals at least in these 6 games, but the reality is we didn't.

Well Dyche makes excuses, you make excuses and fail to see what’s in front of you.

Clearly buying Danny Ings will resolve are issues

Calvert Lewin scored 36 goals in 50 games under Carlo.

But sure, its not the Manager.
It really is this simple. With Dyche, it's all excuses this, excuses that. All 23+ players in the squad are the worst that ever played in the league, yada yada.

At the end of the day, with managers, some are just winners and some are not. This one has proven through a rather long career to be the latter.

I dont think you can coach limited players to be better ones mate. There are limits. You can improve proabaility sure, but overall.

We sold our quality in fact some clapped it out the door or told uss we had to sell it, now were moaning because we cant score.

What did we think would happen.
Of course you can improve players - but that’s not the argument. We’re not asking these players to be world beaters, just return to their previously recorded mean.

We were scoring, we stopped scoring and the manager is scratching his head because he doesn’t think it’s his problem.

If you want to surrender to fate and hope things improve without any coaching, by all means be my guest.