2023/24 Youssef Chermiti

Dyche himself has said he's a player to develop for the long term and not one that is expected to make an instant impact, so don't really understand why people are wetting their pants about him already
Because Dyche's "needs time" means he's not gonna sniff the first team for more than 5 min a month for another year or two tbh, and by that time he'll already be writing him off as he's gonna be too inexperienced.

….not beating him with a stick, Billy, just looking for signs that this is a good piece of business by Thelwell.

I watched DCL in an U21 game after he signed and posted on here that he would be in the first team before the end of the year and he was. You could see he was the real deal & reports suggested he was a handful for experienced defenders in training.

I don’t think Chermiti has played a ‘supporting role’ this season. There’s very little in front of him yet he’s not pushing the door down for more game time. Somebody posted he was largely anonymous in this weeks U21 game, even though he scored a penalty and one from 10yds that the keeper fluffed. I genuinely want him to be good but we shouldn’t be making his age an excuse for him not making an impact.

We can’t afford to be continually wasting money trying to find an effective striking option.
I thought he & dobbin were fantastic when Dyche gave them a 90-second run out at 2-1 down last week .....

….not beating him with a stick, Billy, just looking for signs that this is a good piece of business by Thelwell.

I watched DCL in an U21 game after he signed and posted on here that he would be in the first team before the end of the year and he was. You could see he was the real deal & reports suggested he was a handful for experienced defenders in training.

I don’t think Chermiti has played a ‘supporting role’ this season. There’s very little in front of him yet he’s not pushing the door down for more game time. Somebody posted he was largely anonymous in this weeks U21 game, even though he scored a penalty and one from 10yds that the keeper fluffed. I genuinely want him to be good but we shouldn’t be making his age an excuse for him not making an impact.

We can’t afford to be continually wasting money trying to find an effective striking option.
Those were the days.

Always fancied him against the teams that had one-paced farts at centre-back.

The issue is the money. If we want to buy youngsters and develop them it needs to be for £1 million or £2 million. That way you can buy a few, some will work some won't.

I agree with most of that. . Not having Money is our biggest problem, selling Ishe Samuels-Smith for £4 mill was a sign of that, appalling really. We do buy youngsters in the £1 mill range, Branthwaite, Okoronkwo both less than £1 mill recently, plus we’ve signed 19 year old forward Kingsford Boakye on a free transfer. I’d like to see more in this range, but it’s a difficult pool to fish in with the likes of City, Chelsea, RS etc spending money to hoover up the best talent.
I was surprised we paid €12 mill for Chermiti, but the deal of paying next season seems to be the key factor. I like the idea that even in our most desperate times we’re thinking about the future and going for talented youngsters. Whether it pays off I don’t know, the difference seems to be that I’m prepared to give Chermiti a chance to prove himself.

A mix is good.

Were being linked to Boro's RB / RCB 'Rav Van Den Berg' who is 19 years old.

Dortmund & Milan were after him last summer and now us and West Ham, Brighton and one or two others are linked.

Possibly a good fit for the full back system Dyche likes but at 19 perhaps needs a while to develop.

Anyway, my point is do we go for someone like this who on paper (like Chermiti) looks good...or focus on the cheaper lower level players?

For me, I think Chermiti will look a different player next season and we'll be glad to have him. Im very happy to make this type of signing which 'should' be lower risk on the pitch even if its a higher risk on the fee.

A mix is good.

Dortmund & Milan were after him last summer and now us and West Ham, Brighton and one or two others are linked.

Possibly a good fit for the full back system Dyche likes but at 19 perhaps needs a while to develop.

Anyway, my point is do we go for someone like this who on paper (like Chermiti) looks good...or focus on the cheaper lower level players?

For me, I think Chermiti will look a different player next season and we'll be glad to have him. Im very happy to make this type of signing which 'should' be lower risk on the pitch even if its a higher risk on the fee.
We shouldn’t be buying for what dyche likes

A mix is good.

I think there is a more then fair chance DCL leaves in the summer.

I think Chermiti may have been brought in with this in mind.

100% agree. Ive been saying to @Eggs that it would be good to see him get some mins by the end of this season so hes up to speed development wise to take the reigns next season.

I like the limited amount ive seen.

he is such an Everton signing especially for a striker.

Obscure youth striker signed by Everton.

1.Proceeds to play 8-15mins a game
2. Scores 1 goal out of 15 appearances
3. released or loaned to lower league obscurity
4. Everton does this again, but its a new signing!

Can't see Cal-Lewin going anywhere. Had to rough a season and there's a few on for moves this summer that'll swallow up transfer funds and mega wages as well as squad positions elsewhere first. Be nice if he could have had a season getting service from both flanks, but because Harrison is allergic to his right foot its meant sides can double up on McNeil and strangle that service, so Dominic has had to plough a lone furrow up front as best he can in a side with an AM that can't pass anything like close to average. Other players would have cried off by now and sat on the treatment table and let someone else suffer the indignity.
It's taken till 12 games to go for Beto to be given a real shot, so Dobbin and Chermiti will be getting their state pension before their chance turns up.

We're a mess.

Can't see Cal-Lewin going anywhere. Had to rough a season and there's a few on for moves this summer that'll swallow up transfer funds and mega wages as well as squad positions elsewhere first. Be nice if he could have had a season getting service from both flanks, but because Harrison is allergic to his right foot its meant sides can double up on McNeil and strangle that service, so Dominic has had to plough a lone furrow up front as best he can in a side with an AM that can't pass anything like close to average. Other players would have cried off by now and sat on the treatment table and let someone else suffer the indignity.
It's taken till 12 games to go for Beto to be given a real shot, so Dobbin and Chermiti will be getting their state pension before their chance turns up.

We're a mess.

He has to go this Summer. Can't see us offering a new deal and he's got 12 months left.

He has to go this Summer. Can't see us offering a new deal and he's got 12 months left.
You know the script, we survive by a microns breadth, the club promises to improve and lead us into BMD with hope and positivity, we then push the boat out for a genuine right wing attacker with a useful right foot. With service from both flanks he gets 20 goals next season and walks on a free to replace ivan toney at Arsenal because he's been caught betting on the number of red busses on bond street at 5pm on a Tuesday.

We're a mess.
Agreed. Who's going to buy him? He's horribly out of form, has a terrible injury record and is on big money. If we do sell him it won't be for a big fee, that's for sure.