2023/24 Seamus Coleman

doesn't deserve the Old Yeller treatment...

I wonder if he never got the broken leg. I think he would have picked up way more points if he was playing out throughout all this dogshite time. Certainly I think his form would have not have dipped sort of like Cahill and Tim Howard kept starting for us way past their prime.

You are quick to defend Dele but won't extend the same courtesy to the club captain? A player who has paid for himself a 100 times over.

What a strange individual you are.
I'm not quick to say he should be playing for us and shouldn't be offered a new deal. I'm sorry that reading is hard for you old man. Neither players have contributed anything this season. Sentimentality has been the bane of our club for generations and you want to keep paying someone because they used to be good. Great logic.

Fair shout - he offers no contribution and was given a contract on an emotional basis.

As you say, sentimentality will be the bane of this club, jobs for the boys and all.
Let's not forget how incredible he's been for Everton, what a player in his prime probably the best right back in the league, however one year too far imo.

Let's not forget how incredible he's been for Everton, what a player in his prime probably the best right back in the league, however one year too far imo.
Won't even say one year - even last year he was dreadful for all but his last few games, the year before he was okay at best. Father time's caught up with him and he's had some dreadful injuries - loved him before but it's not 2016-2019 anymore, his prime's been gone and we should've replaced him ages ago (he also never learned to cross consistently, I've said this about him for about his entire time with us).

Is Patterson the answer/replacement? I dunno, we'll never know and we don't play with overlaps or attacking full backs - even Coleman himself in his prime would've looked garbage for current Everton as his best quality was bombing forward.

FWIW Baines retired when he was unable to physically meet the league's demands anymore, glad he didn't want a contract as he'd probably still be 2nd choice LB ffs

Won't even say one year - even last year he was dreadful for all but his last few games, the year before he was okay at best. Father time's caught up with him and he's had some dreadful injuries - loved him before but it's not 2016-2019 anymore, his prime's been gone and we should've replaced him ages ago (he also never learned to cross consistently, I've said this about him for about his entire time with us).

Is Patterson the answer/replacement? I dunno, we'll never know and we don't play with overlaps or attacking full backs - even Coleman himself in his prime would've looked garbage for current Everton as his best quality was bombing forward.

FWIW Baines retired when he was unable to physically meet the league's demands anymore, glad he didn't want a contract as he'd probably still be 2nd choice LB ffs
I thought Coleman, whilst a shade of his former self, was superb when he played last season, and was just what we needed on the field regarding leadership. Agree with the rest.

I thought Coleman, whilst a shade of his former self, was superb when he played last season, and was just what we needed on the field regarding leadership. Agree with the rest.
Early season he was asked to do more than he physically can - got ran past and outjumped quite a lot, and I have the sad memory of the mummified corpse of Shane Long beating him to a header he had no right to as well.

Early season he was asked to do more than he physically can - got ran past and outjumped quite a lot, and I have the sad memory of the mummified corpse of Shane Long beating him to a header he had no right to as well.
Hah I had forgotten that, there's so many bad memories from the last few years I can forgive him that one. He fought hard for us end of last year before the injury, scored a worldie as well.

Hah I had forgotten that, there's so many bad memories from the last few years I can forgive him that one. He fought hard for us end of last year before the injury, scored a worldie as well.
Nah last few games he was fantastic truly, but I think that's the image of Coleman that people have for the entire season and it just wasn't the case.

He defo didn't mean it tho