2023/24 Sean Dyche

Dobbin has one goal. McNeil has 2 and played at least 20 x the minutes. Dobbin has pace and will at least try an attack a defender, he also gave us a little spark v spurs that helped us get a point. Ultimately he maybe a championship player, but going off this season so is McNeil, who’s been shocking. It’s scandalous dobbin hasn’t had more minutes
Dobbin struggled to get into a league 1 side last season

I’d respect him more if he just said, I’ve prioritised solidity, shape and hard work in and out of possession - that’s how I think we’ll get enough points to stay up. We won’t necessarily create a lot of chances or score lots of goals but that’s where we are at the moment - making games tight and grinding out the points.

It’s his hand wringing and mystified expression post match that pisses me off, trying to convince the press (and us) that it’s nothing to do with him or his tactics - we’re creating loads of chances (honest) and it’s just the players who aren’t putting the ball in the net.

Tbh he has said that in a round about way.

We are absolutely battering our attacking metrics this season compared to the last two or three years.

We've improved defensively massively.

I feel for Dyche but ultimately he is responsible.

Lads are calling for Mourinho.
Tbh he has said that in a round about way.

We are absolutely battering our attacking metrics this season compared to the last two or three years.

We've improved defensively

I feel for Dyche but ultimately he is responsible.
And tbf he would say that too.

Anyone advocating starting Lewis Dobbin and Chermiti ahead of McNeil and Harrison need their head testing unfortunately.

Biggest season in the clubs recent history. Club on a precipice and you want to throw someone who was at league one and the other who has played less than a 100 PL mins.

We as a team can't afford to carry such risks as it is unfortunately.

This and that there is nobody that would agree to join us in our basket case state who could do better with these players
If we had not had the 6 point deduction & maybe another one pending 0- Dyche has & did well early this season - the form of late is without looking at the point's deduction very worrying - plus the fact we have no buyer for the club as yet - Its bound to have had a knock on effect however - Dyche has gone backwards in his formation of the team - his substitutions etc - TBH its relegation football ATM 10 games = 30 points - Dyche has achieved just 5 points mate ....

For all the people that think I just love Dyche. I think he is a mirror of what we are now and the best we could have for this current mess we're in.

In a more financially stable Everton, I'd like us to try Bielsa.

Good job the defensive players are good so they keept clean sheets, I assume you will also be giving the players at the back the credit for our defensive performances this season and NOT Dyche.

It would be idiotic to say Dyche is responsible for our defensive performances but not any of our attacking performances, wouldn`t you agree?
Defence is usually doing what they're supposed to be doing.

Lads are calling for Mourinho.

And tbf he would say that too.

He did say it.

He's not been wrong has he. He's admitted he and his staff are ultimately responsible but they aren't the ones on the pitch.

I see nothing wrong with that at all. It's exactly same as what I'd be saying.

I do feel he needs asking why we aren't playing a natural RB but I do have some sympathy with him as we have outperformed most teams this season for large parts of the home fixtures and come away with very little.

I'm not sure with the tools at his disposal what other way we could go about getting the points.

Tiny squad. Lack of quality all over the pitch. No money. Losing mentality across the club. Points deduction. Takeover.

I wouldn't want the job.

We really should be safe already with the chances we've had.

That's because our strengths don't lie in possession. Remember Frank 'enjoy the ball' Lampard?

We play possession and we give it away for a team to play on the counter and score. If we were capable of controlling games in possession at home we'd be well above 40 pts by now. Do you honestly think that's where this squad is after 3 relegation battles in a row?
It’s hilarious that when possession football gets mentioned the dyche fan boys Bring up Lampard tge same fella who according to them is one of the worst managers in our history, surely it doesn’t really matter what style Frank did, because he would have failed anyway, because he was that bad.

Also it’s not just about possession, it’s having a plan on how to attack, yesterday one one of the very few games under dyche we controlled a lot of the game, but it was still more hit and hope, we had 11 shots on target, how many great saves did their keeper make?

Maybe play 2 attacking midfielders at home or 2 strikers maybe play Patterson at right back instead of a CB.
Don’t play 8 defensive players at home to a poor Palace team, with there best players missing. When you haven’t won a game in months