2023/24 Sean Dyche

Because you can't really sack someone who should be 5 pts away from our total of last year when his job was to keep us in the league. Pts deduction and SECOND points deduction is nothing to do with him and is the most likely reason we get relegated
So if we don't win another game the rest of the season, that's ok, because it's the points deductions' fault? Managers get sacked all the time for an extended poor run, no matter that they had a decent run earlier that same season. All the time.

So if we don't win another game the rest of the season, that's ok, because it's the points deductions' fault? Managers get sacked all the time for an extended poor run, no matter that they had a decent run earlier that same season. All the time.
If Dyche gets enough pts to keep us up but pts deduction sends us down then ye, it's a factor he shouldn't have had to contend with.

If I was dobbin and chermiti id be on the blower to the agent sharpish, watching those two ahead of them every week.

Chermiti isn't ready imo, Dobbin should've played more in the last three months though. Not really sure the reasons why he isn't getting 20-30 sub cameos.

Edit: In fairness today wasn't actually a bad performance, just a very disappointing way to loss. Reminded me of the Lampard home form in his final few months.

Palace performance was miles worse.

I’m not sure what style of football people expect? Barcelona on the Mersey? Moyes was criticised for dull football yet we were constantly best of the rest. Big Sam was hated but has given us our best finish in what, almost a decade somehow. Dyche has a solid defence but he’s got a squad that just can’t finish. This forum slags off every manager except Carlo as not good enough, yet his record wasn’t that great but somehow gets brushed over. Moyes has the likes of Cahill etc to bang in goals when we had no strikers but now we have nobody of that quality.

If we go down it’s the fault of the board and DOF not Dyche.

Think people would settle for Barnsley, never mind Barcelona.

Surely no one can take issue with what he's saying there?
I agree with that the players need to take full responsibility for not taken chance after chance. But I have an issue with him playing both McNeil and Harrison who have been rubbish months. Yes McNeil has personal issues, but do him a favour and take him out the firing line. He definitely needs to drop one of them. But my issue there is he will then play Ashley young probably.

So lads, if its not Dyche and it’s the players, does this mean McNeil and Doucoure are utterly crap

Or are they fine, because they’re the players you like, and it’s on DCL and Beto only??

Massively confused on who is at fault

Care to elaborate
Chris you've only ever contributed to this forum with giving out about absolutely everyone and anything. I don't think I've ever seen a positive comment from you. You absolutely love when Everton are doing terrible and it's why you're back on the forum now

I agree with that the players need to take full responsibility for not taken chance after chance. But I have an issue with him playing both McNeil and Harrison who have been rubbish months. Yes McNeil has personal issues, but do him a favour and take him out the firing line. He definitely needs to drop one of them. But my issue there is he will then play Ashley young probably.
Who does he replace them with though?

Blaming everything on bad luck isn't going to get us anywhere. We keep playing the exact same way and we keep not winning. Something needs to change.

The thing is you cant really create more chances like today. What other way is going to present you chances right in front of goal that are going to be buried?
We've just got to many players with no cutting edge or instinct in front of goal. If i honestly thought that could be coached on the training ground i'd be all over it in agreement. As much as nobody wants to hear it after a result like today. Some of the players need to take responsiblity. Like 1-0 up. McNeil. less than 6 yards out in the middle of the goal. Bury the fking thing. 2-0.
So lame in front of goal.

If Dyche gets enough pts to keep us up but pts deduction sends us down then ye, it's a factor he shouldn't have had to contend with.
One can accept that the position in the table is not entirely the manager's fault without completely excusing inadequate overall performance. Managers have to be evaluated in an ongoing manner. Let's say, hypothetically, that a manager came in and got 35 points in the first half of the season and then 5 in the entire second half. The team stays up with that, but is any club or any group of fans on Earth happy with that manager? Of course not.

What you're essentially saying is that the current, very extensive run of poor form that shows no sign of abating is completely irrelevant, because we got some results earlier in the season.