2023/24 Sean Dyche

You’re just a glass half empty while I’m a glass half full, that’s the difference.

The majority of fans thought moshiri was going to be the bees knees, but he wasn’t most think 777 are going to be disastrous, they’re selling all our best players and not replacing them, they’re selling BMD and giving dyche a 10yr deal and sticking his face on the side of the new ground.

We don’t know if it will be 777 or somebody else, but change Is coming and we have to hope it’s for the better. Maybe they will get in a board that actually knows what they’re doing, unlike moshiri and a sporting teams and let’s them do the job and not have every Tom, [Poor language removed] and harry thinking they’re experts when it comes to buying players and listening to agents in their ears.

I admire the optimism but what can we do other than listen to people who know more about this than we do? The fact the deal has been dragged out for so long tells its own story.

Given where we are right now, everything we've heard about 777 and the way supporting Everton has gone for 30 years I don't know how anyone can have confidence that this has a happy ending.

Over the summer it's likely our best players are going to be sold to service the debt and we'll be left with a worse team than this time around. The teams coming up from the Championship are also going to give it a proper go next season so I'll bet another relegation battle beckons. In that scenario, Dyche is the best we can hope for and I actually think he'd be able to find a club in less turmoil than us if he wanted to go.

You're clinging to the notion that we are a big draw for a manager. That's something from a bygone era now. The only people in world football that really think that now are some of our fans. Even our owner has given up hope on that.
Plenty of managers will want to come to the premier league. And why are we going to sell our best players and not replace them?? This debt or a
big part of it could turn into equity also we should be able to not worry to much about ffp due to what we’ve recouped in the last few season and the wages dropping like a stone.

Plenty of managers will want to come to the premier league. And why are we going to sell our best players and not replace them?? This debt or a
big part of it could turn into equity also we should be able to not worry to much about ffp due to what we’ve recouped in the last few season and the wages dropping like a stone.

Next season is going to be another hard slog. Give me Dyche over someone inexperienced in these times.

Depends who you listen to. I’d
I admire the optimism but what can we do other than listen to people who know more about this than we do? The fact the deal has been dragged out for so long tells its own story.

Given where we are right now, everything we've heard about 777 and the way supporting Everton has gone for 30 years I don't know how anyone can have confidence that this has a happy ending
Depends who you listen to, if you listen to theEsk and Paul brown the ground ain’t getting built and we’re in the verge of folding. Plenty of other people who know more than us, say it’s not that bad.

Hoofball is dyche’s style , he ain’t changing. I want a manager who wants to play more football who coaches players actual patterns of play, who will attack teams especially at home instead of sitting back and boring everyone to tears. And can change to in game situations and not just to a Plan A.

Well Dobbin has had an hour since his Chelsea goal, in 11 games I think it is, and in that time doucoure and danjuma have been out, he’s given more game time on the wing to Ashley young. Beto has deserved more minutes to. The last 2 games he’s left Onana on the bench, he’s picked a CB at right back.

Im not saying dobbin and Beto or Patterson are the answer. But regarding the front line. McNeil, Harrison and DCL have had really poor seasons yet get picked 9 times out of 10
We know Dobbin, Beto and Patterson probably aren't the answer. They might be good hard working lads, model pro's or whatever, but the bottom line is they offer very little in terms of quality, over and above what we already have in the starting line up. If they were that much better they'd be starting. Yes he does put square pegs in round holes sometimes, all managers do, so given the size and quality of the squad, that's nothing new. It's not like he's left Maldini on the bench.

We all want to see us play more attractive football, but we are a slim squad lacking in quality and depth. There are question marks over finance and ownership, the rules mean we will have to sell our best player/s, yet again. We probably aren't going to be buying loads of boss players so it's highly unlikely, barring a massive fluke, that we are going to regularly see sexy playing styles.

Having done the negativity bit, what we do have is a manager who has done a very decent job in terms of points gained, certainly compared with previous years. We have a group of players who, up until now, have shown they will fight to the end. And despite the turmoil off the pitch, things on the pitch have been pretty solid, albeit not great to watch at times.

It's not wrong to ask for more, especially those who pay 40+ snots a week to watch. However, given the imbalance in football currently, given our skinny squad, turmoil off the pitch, points deduction, not to mention the resources wasted this last 7 years, I honestly think some of us need to get past the 'he plays crap football' line and take a cold, hard, reality check. All things considered, he's actually done quite well.

We know Dobbin, Beto and Patterson probably aren't the answer. They might be good hard working lads, model pro's or whatever, but the bottom line is they offer very little in terms of quality, over and above what we already have in the starting line up. If they were that much better they'd be starting. Yes he does put square pegs in round holes sometimes, all managers do, so given the size and quality of the squad, that's nothing new. It's not like he's left Maldini on the bench.

We all want to see us play more attractive football, but we are a slim squad lacking in quality and depth. There are question marks over finance and ownership, the rules mean we will have to sell our best player/s, yet again. We probably aren't going to be buying loads of boss players so it's highly unlikely, barring a massive fluke, that we are going to regularly see sexy playing styles.

Having done the negativity bit, what we do have is a manager who has done a very decent job in terms of points gained, certainly compared with previous years. We have a group of players who, up until now, have shown they will fight to the end. And despite the turmoil off the pitch, things on the pitch have been pretty solid, albeit not great to watch at times.

It's not wrong to ask for more, especially those who pay 40+ snots a week to watch. However, given the imbalance in football currently, given our skinny squad, turmoil off the pitch, points deduction, not to mention the resources wasted this last 7 years, I honestly think some of us need to get past the 'he plays crap football' line and take a cold, hard, reality check. All things considered, he's actually done quite well.
Only read top part.of your post , can’t be arsed listening to the nonsense anymore. How do you know dobbin couldn’t offer more than McNeil when he doesn’t get a go McNeil is basically a relegation fodder winger. Who’s got 2 goals, dobbin has 1 in 1/20 of the minutes. McNeil only gets assists from set pieces because he takes 90% of them. Do you think Ashley young, who Hasn’t played on the wing in years, but dyche must have knkw
Payed him there 5/6 times, do you think he deserves minutes over dobbin.
Or is it because he’s more defensive and are right side consists of a CB and right back. Like Walter smith playing unsworth left wing

Only read top part.of your post , can’t be arsed listening to the nonsense anymore. How do you know dobbin couldn’t offer more than McNeil when he doesn’t get a go McNeil is basically a relegation fodder winger. Who’s got 2 goals, dobbin has 1 in 1/20 of the minutes. McNeil only gets assists from set pieces because he takes 90% of them. Do you think Ashley young, who Hasn’t played in tbe wing in years, but dyche must have knkw
Or is it because he’s more defensive and are right side consists of a CB and right back. Like Walter smith playing unsworth left wing
That you take the time to type an answer, despite reading less than half the post, pretty much sums up your argument and myopic attitude. You should have read the bottom bit, because that part is the most pertinent, it talks about the bigger picture. But you only see the things you want to see. 'Crap football' 'Wrong team selection' 'Get Young off' etc etc ..

Let's leave it there mate. You crack on, shouting at the pigeons, moaning about McNeil or whoever. I can see a massive difference this year, compared to the last few. You can't? Or won't? Sound.

Only read top part.of your post , can’t be arsed listening to the nonsense anymore. How do you know dobbin couldn’t offer more than McNeil when he doesn’t get a go McNeil is basically a relegation fodder winger. Who’s got 2 goals, dobbin has 1 in 1/20 of the minutes. McNeil only gets assists from set pieces because he takes 90% of them. Do you think Ashley young, who Hasn’t played on the wing in years, but dyche must have knkw

So you've basically just stated you only want to see responses that agree with you. You dont need a forum. You need a blog.

Surely an outside chance, is still a chance
I said it’s no chance he ever gets us top half

Christ talk about nit picking.

He finished 7th with Burnley. He's done it before, there's an outside chance he could do it again with us. At some point. Maybe.

We're not even disagreeing here FFS.

Christ talk about nit picking.

He finished 7th with Burnley. He's done it before, there's an outside chance he could do it again with us. At some point. Maybe.

We're not even disagreeing here FFS.
A one off 8 years ago. Sheffield Utd finished 9th a few years ago under wilder and got relegated the following season.