6 + 2 Point Deductions

They really have to come down on this or else it opens up Pandoras Box. Whatever about us being incompetent from filing tax returns if they show any chink in player trading its open season.
It does highlight the ridiculous nature of the rules
If it’s about profit, then holding off on the sale was the right decision

The whole, It’s us against Forest and what about City, Chelsea etc just deflects from the fact that these rules are not doing what they are designed to do, City aren’t in danger and don’t need saving from themselves, Moshiri and City have in effect brought money into the game whereas the Glasiers are taking money out by leveraging the asset for debt. The rules don’t work.

The most important thing is sporting competition is competition & the Premiership League since its inception has made football uncompetitive

We got 60m because we were desperate so accepted less than he was worth. If we hadn’t been desperate you don’t think we get more than that?

They got a discounted price. So you could suggest that if we werent limited by a deadline, you’d get a minimum of 10m more up front and then additional add ons.
You do wonder how this would have played out if there had been any hint that the sanction after mitigation would be less by holding onto him for longer but getting more ( The Sheffield Wednesday example) than by speeding up the sale in a failed attempt to comply with then£105.m limit.

This goes back to the fact that once the P&S losses hit £105 million over the 3 year period that no matter what a charge has to be laid and once you get to that stage you then get a “ committee” applying their own opinion of which is worse sell now for less and minimise the P&S loss or sell later have a greater loss but be applauded as you achieve a better long term financial outcome.

That in itself creates a massive issue but what about clubs that sell early for less and don’t exceed them £105 million limit is it remotely fair on them.

Forest of course shouldn’t be given any credit in this when it comes to sanction. As I said last night I can see how that based on precedent will happen but that doesn’t mean I agree with the notion

Still can get my head around these P&S rules are 10 years old and the the losses are still the same taking zero consideration like inflation into it. At no point has the transfer market and players wages stagnated over any 10 year period.
So many grey areas.
There’s a very good reason for that. The premier league wanted clubs to lose less money not more in order to keep them sustainable. The aim was that clubs don’t lose any money, not that they aimed to lose the maximum permissible.

It’s at Everton’s expense but this whole mishandled processes and overreach from the Premier League should really open a national conversation about a revamp, no a hard reset, of the Premier League away from it’s inept corporate model to something that serves the fans much better.

The suits take a ludicrous wage, the players take extortionate wages, the clubs and selected media make way too much money at the expense of fans. Evertonians shouldn’t be quietened with four points back, it’s still six too many and they have shown the contempt they have had for fans. As well as so much impact on the integrity of this season’s competition. They’ve turned it into a mess.

They continue to meddle and rip fans off because we take it lying down. They need outing and the whole custodian of the game having accountability with fan input.

I’d say the opposite most pundits seem to have forgot it and are saying how we ware in a good position now. Not a chance we are getting 6 points when they’ve already punished for most of it. I’m more confident on this than the first charge.
The pundits haven't really given us any indicators as a whole really , but what's been quite accurate sadly is the tabloid leaks and there's similar stories out now like the first charge . Obviously not 10 points thank God, but any other deduction will kill us now.

We fight 10 times harder on the first one , they won't want another battle , but instead we've said thank you for taking 6 points from us.

Still can get my head around these P&S rules are 10 years old and the the losses are still the same taking zero consideration like inflation into it. At no point has the transfer market and players wages stagnated over any 10 year period.
So many grey areas.
One thing that has been annoying me on media comments sections has been the constant reference by various fan commenters to “all clubs voted for this so suck it up”.
What that fails to account for is that 10 clubs who voted for it in 2013 are no longer in the PL plus 10 clubs who are currently in the PL have had ownership changes since 2013…easy to see why Kenwright would vote for PSR as he had no intention of selling the club at the time but not sure Moshiri would have done or other new owners who have since acquired PL clubs.

With the benefit of hindsight maybe the clubs should have reviewed it each season to test its applicability.

One thing that has been annoying me on media comments sections has been the constant reference by various fan commenters to “all clubs voted for this so suck it up”.
What that fails to account for is that 10 clubs who voted for it in 2013 are no longer in the PL plus 10 clubs who are currently in the PL have had ownership changes since 2013…easy to see why Kenwright would vote for PSR as he had no intention of selling the club at the time but not sure Moshiri would have done or other new owners who have since acquired PL clubs.

With the benefit of hindsight maybe the clubs should have reviewed it each season to test its applicability.

Exactly that. Along with the PL