2023/24 Jarrad Branthwaite

As I already said mate, we cannot use Chelsea's spending as a benchmark for 'market value'. Nobody else pays the fees they have, for the same players.

Branthwaite is not going for £80m+ and neither is he worth that much. We need to remove the biased blinkers a little here and get realistic.
Utd have, and why can’t we, the club can do what they want and value our players at any price they want. Liverpool bid 110 for Caicedo so it wasn’t all Chelsea.

He’s worth what someone will pay and if the top are 4 after him
Then it will be minimum 80mil, this summer 100mil the summer after with the same trajectory

I disagree mate. I think we have been conditioned into that mindset. Other teams dont sell their best players until they get a ridiculous offer and squeezed a good bit of juice out of the player. We need to be that.

I dont believe in the whole sell and reinvest thing with us i think its a con and i also dont trust anyone at the club to do it, how many years consecutively now are we selling our best player and players with untapped potential and not improving.

Ive called BS on it a long time ago.

As for Brathwaite i put him in Rooney class as top tier obvs different position - they dont come around often and you absolutely have to maximise it. Hes better then Stones.
I think it’s 8yrs this summer stones went to city for 47mil and I agree Branthwaite is better after his first full season.

As I already said mate, we cannot use Chelsea's spending as a benchmark for 'market value'. Nobody else pays the fees they have, for the same players.

Branthwaite is not going for £80m+ and neither is he worth that much. We need to remove the biased blinkers a little here and get realistic.
Didn't Maguire go to Utd for £80 mil . Branthwaite is better now than Maguire ever was.

Maguire was a full England international off the back of a very successful World Cup.

Branthwaite is in his first full season as a starter, for a relegation-threatened side with huge financial/cash flow issues.
He'll be at the Euros. Brantwaite is only a kid compared to Maguire then. And like I said a better player now than Maguire ever was

He'll be at the Euros. Brantwaite is only a kid compared to Maguire then. And like I said a better player now than Maguire ever was

I think recency bias plays a big role here. Guardiola and City wanted Maguire after the WC but were gazumped by Utd. He was the hottest property CB at the time.

Branthwaite's had a very good season so far but a long way to before he's considered an £80m+ CB.

I think recency bias plays a big role here. Guardiola and City wanted Maguire after the WC but were gazumped by Utd. He was the hottest property CB at the time.

Branthwaite's had a very good season so far but a long way to before he's considered an £80m+ CB.
We will have to agree to disagree then because I wouldn't want to sell him even at that price. A blind man can see how good this kid is going to be

I can't understand the link with Tottenham and Branthwaite. I wouldn't say he's slow but I don't think he has the pace required to play the way spurs like to play at the moment. Secondly van der ven was probably the best player on the pitch when we played spurs and I can't see how he would fit in their team?

I'm not that bothered that he's going, we've known that pretty much since he made his debut.

I'll just be gutted if he goes to either Liverpool, spurs or manu.
he's already played and done well abroad, so that wont hold any fears for him like it would for lots of other (young) English pros so id like to see him go to a RM or Barca , maybe Bayern M and do well there. Id hate to see him in a Sky6 team

he's already played and done well abroad, so that wont hold any fears for him like it would for lots of other (young) English pros so id like to see him go to a RM or Barca , maybe Bayern M and do well there. Id hate to see him in a Sky6 team
I don't really care, clubs know that our finances are an utter mess and there's a chance we'd accept lower bids than he's worth, they'll be lowballing us, 60 million would get us out of a hole financially and have us compliant but not give us enough of a boost to push on.. I hope we have the balls to hold out for minimum of 80 million, of course there is a Liverpool tax of + 50% on top of that.