Match Thread Fulham v Everton - Team prediction, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Tarkowski was poor, Garner pretty bad, Harrison, McNeil and Danjuma appalling, DCL and Beto disgraceful.

I honestly don’t get DCL. Lukaku scored every other game for us and everyone he’s played for, DCL scores every blue moon. As a goal scorer he is incredibly poor. A real striker drags defenders with them, with DCL why bother as he’ll just put it over or into the arms of the keeper. When I think of the likes of Vernon, Pickering, Young, Royle, Latchford, Sharp, Gray, Lineker, Cottee, Ferguson, Campbell, Rooney, Saha, Lukaku and Richarlison, I could cry. And don’t get me even started on people like Ball, Cahill and a myriad of midfielders who also put his goal scoring to shame….

To me taking into consideration the Onana pen that was hands down a pen. VAR is not the greatest.

My view of the game was we edged it first half but I said to the missus we will continue to play as we are but Fulham will change it about.

2nd half....Fulham were so much the better team but we still had our chances though becoming rarer as the game went on......until injury time.

This may upset a few people but the Beto chance...it came at him fast and caught him flat footed so couldn't get over the ball. Still should have done better but that is the way it is. Now, the DCL chance that he headed onto the bar I thought he should have done better, he met it but again was under the ball when it looked like he could have got over the ball and headed it down. Just as bad as the Beto one but felt DCL had more control with the header.

Godfrey........he played OK with a superb cross pass interception preventing a tap in. Godfrey surprised me tonight with his display but for me is was an OK display made to seem better because he has been pants for a while. A step up from pants seemed to wow most of us.

Danjuma....wasteful with chances but it is becoming more clear that he is becoming our most dangerous player

McNeil....1st Half performance I was well pleased and thought he is back.......2nd half performance...nearly cost us twice and dropped to a sub standard performance he has shown recently.

Harrison....I have lost all faith in him now. He struggles to keep the ball, struggles to pass the ball and everything peters out when he has the ball.

Pickford...makes me anxed with his carry on but when a save is needed he produces it

Tarks & Branths....they are a solid partnership

Young....thought he had a good game.

Myko.....decent defensively but not going forward. His passing was poor tonight

Dyche... got to come up with a solution for a missing Doucoure. Don't like his tactic of full backs moving over towards the ball and ending up in a CB position when a switch of play pulls our defence all over the place and leaving our flanks totally exposed. The centre of defence is strong but wide we are very vunerable.

Finally......I class 1 point at Fulham as not too shabby. I know Luton won but we did what we had to do

Just home from the game. Not the worst match I've ever seen, there was no little effort but we are sadly lacking in quality.

At times we just couldn't hold onto the ball or string two passes together and we'd just play ourselves into trouble.

Still, it's a point away from home so that's a positive.

Btw, away fans were fantastic, didn't go quiet all night

Godfrey put in a solid performance and was my MoM, if he can just get back to doing that every week.
Yes it would be a big help as we strive to keep the Blues in the premier league, I think Dyche is doing a tremendous job keeping the squad going despite the loss of ten points, some of which we will get back to ease the pressure, Come on you lovely scapegoated Blues, we will have the last laugh when our barrister rolls his sleeves up and makes a mockery of the Premier League and their Commission’s sentence.

To me taking into consideration the Onana pen that was hands down a pen. VAR is not the greatest.

My view of the game was we edged it first half but I said to the missus we will continue to play as we are but Fulham will change it about.

2nd half....Fulham were so much the better team but we still had our chances though becoming rarer as the game went on......until injury time.

This may upset a few people but the Beto chance...it came at him fast and caught him flat footed so couldn't get over the ball. Still should have done better but that is the way it is. Now, the DCL chance that he headed onto the bar I thought he should have done better, he met it but again was under the ball when it looked like he could have got over the ball and headed it down. Just as bad as the Beto one but felt DCL had more control with the header.

Godfrey........he played OK with a superb cross pass interception preventing a tap in. Godfrey surprised me tonight with his display but for me is was an OK display made to seem better because he has been pants for a while. A step up from pants seemed to wow most of us.

Danjuma....wasteful with chances but it is becoming more clear that he is becoming our most dangerous player

McNeil....1st Half performance I was well pleased and thought he is back.......2nd half performance...nearly cost us twice and dropped to a sub standard performance he has shown recently.

Harrison....I have lost all faith in him now. He struggles to keep the ball, struggles to pass the ball and everything peters out when he has the ball.

Pickford...makes me anxed with his carry on but when a save is needed he produces it

Tarks & Branths....they are a solid partnership

Young....thought he had a good game.

Myko.....decent defensively but not going forward. His passing was poor tonight

Dyche... got to come up with a solution for a missing Doucoure. Don't like his tactic of full backs moving over towards the ball and ending up in a CB position when a switch of play pulls our defence all over the place and leaving our flanks totally exposed. The centre of defence is strong but wide we are very vunerable.

Finally......I class 1 point at Fulham as not too shabby. I know Luton won but we did what we had to do

The tactics of the full backs tucking in and playing narrow is absolutely shocking btw.

It's not sustainable to set up like that as he's backing his 2 centre halves to constantly block everything out or the keeper to pull off a worldy. It's terrible tactics and one he persists with.

The tactics of the full backs tucking in and playing narrow is absolutely shocking btw.

It's not sustainable to set up like that as he's backing his 2 centre halves to constantly block everything out or the keeper to pull off a worldy. It's terrible tactics and one he persists with.
I agree. We are exposed because other teams realise this is our tactic. Far post crosses are dangerous to us

How is that not handball with his arms outstretched when Onana gets a pen against him for simply having the ball kicked at his hands

gswVXcX.png

I mean I know the answer, because it's us, but still another notch on the dodgy calls against us by VAR/refs

How is that not handball with his arms outstretched when Onana gets a pen against him for simply having the ball kicked at his hands

gswVXcX.png

I mean I know the answer, because it's us, but still another notch on the dodgy calls against us by VAR/refs
I think if someone had kicked the ball at goal and it hit his hand on the way in like that, they would have given the penalty. But because he was running into the goal and not towards a shot, and the ball unexpectedly rebounded off the bar at rather close range to where he already was, he's given a bit more leeway. In other words, nothing he did stopped the ball from going in or having a chance to go in. If anything, it almost caused an own goal anyway.

Not to say it isn't at least arguable, but I don't think it's as egregious as many of the other calls that have gone against us this season and in the recent past. Can't get myself quite as worked up about this one.

Just because they got the Onana one wildly wrong doesn't mean we should want or expect them to get every subsequent call wrong against everyone as some sort of penance. It wouldn't make up for it anyway.

Listened on Everton App. Plainly a bad handball call. We were lucky to survive. If you think our finishing is rubbish, what must Fulham fans be thinking? Good that Young could put in a shift, and happy to see Godfrey enthusiastic (though defence seemed full of holes when crosses came in - thank goodness for England's No. 1).

A point is better than no point.

Can't be confident this week's appeal hearing will dig us out. Whoever is on the pitch, sometimes we just have to grind out whatever we can.

Status
Not open for further replies.