Match Thread Fulham v Everton - Team prediction, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Team are in a bit of a rut at the moment, so a nil nil draw away at Fulham isn't as bad as it looks on paper. Just feels worse because Luton took apart Brighton. Got to focus on ourselves and it will come good

Lot is going to hinge on that appeal

Cripes

I agree
Is the 'lump it up front and keep it away from our goal' the only tactic at the moment?
We Don't press, we don't retain the ball, we don't counter attack. I feel sorry for the lads that travel all that way on a Tuesday night.
Great ground though Craven Cottage
I agree its not a riveting watch but to say we dont press is just ignorant. We turnover a lot of ball high up the pitch but we then concede possession again quickly because we have no attacking threat

I agree

I agree its not a riveting watch but to say we dont press is just ignorant. We turnover a lot of ball high up the pitch but we then concede possession again quickly because we have no attacking threat
Ignorant is a bit strong, Danjuma ran back to the half way line every time Fulham got posession at the back last night. if you're going to press you have to press as a team.

I think if someone had kicked the ball at goal and it hit his hand on the way in like that, they would have given the penalty. But because he was running into the goal and not towards a shot, and the ball unexpectedly rebounded off the bar at rather close range to where he already was, he's given a bit more leeway. In other words, nothing he did stopped the ball from going in or having a chance to go in. If anything, it almost caused an own goal anyway.

Not to say it isn't at least arguable, but I don't think it's as egregious as many of the other calls that have gone against us this season and in the recent past. Can't get myself quite as worked up about this one.

Just because they got the Onana one wildly wrong doesn't mean we should want or expect them to get every subsequent call wrong against everyone as some sort of penance. It wouldn't make up for it anyway.
I can understand the reasoning but we all know this would be a stonewall pen for any of the top 6

To me taking into consideration the Onana pen that was hands down a pen. VAR is not the greatest.

My view of the game was we edged it first half but I said to the missus we will continue to play as we are but Fulham will change it about.

2nd half....Fulham were so much the better team but we still had our chances though becoming rarer as the game went on......until injury time.

This may upset a few people but the Beto chance...it came at him fast and caught him flat footed so couldn't get over the ball. Still should have done better but that is the way it is. Now, the DCL chance that he headed onto the bar I thought he should have done better, he met it but again was under the ball when it looked like he could have got over the ball and headed it down. Just as bad as the Beto one but felt DCL had more control with the header.

Godfrey........he played OK with a superb cross pass interception preventing a tap in. Godfrey surprised me tonight with his display but for me is was an OK display made to seem better because he has been pants for a while. A step up from pants seemed to wow most of us.

Danjuma....wasteful with chances but it is becoming more clear that he is becoming our most dangerous player

McNeil....1st Half performance I was well pleased and thought he is back.......2nd half performance...nearly cost us twice and dropped to a sub standard performance he has shown recently.

Harrison....I have lost all faith in him now. He struggles to keep the ball, struggles to pass the ball and everything peters out when he has the ball.

Pickford...makes me anxed with his carry on but when a save is needed he produces it

Tarks & Branths....they are a solid partnership

Young....thought he had a good game.

Myko.....decent defensively but not going forward. His passing was poor tonight

Dyche... got to come up with a solution for a missing Doucoure. Don't like his tactic of full backs moving over towards the ball and ending up in a CB position when a switch of play pulls our defence all over the place and leaving our flanks totally exposed. The centre of defence is strong but wide we are very vunerable.

Finally......I class 1 point at Fulham as not too shabby. I know Luton won but we did what we had to do
I think this is spot on - except for the bit about Harrison. At the match it was clear the energy this lad puts in chasing down - often unseen by the cameras - is amazing and often leads to our high press working and decent chances created. That said I do want more from him and he did easily lose possession a few times. I think he should have had a penalty for a trip in the 2nd half - but I was up the other end so can't be sure. Robinsons hand ball in the first half was a stonewall penalty and I'm fuming it wasn't given. Beto's miss at the end was a choker too. Should have scored. We should have won this game - but again - poor finishing and an outrageous failure by VAR has cost us. Hard to see there isn't a vendetta against us.

Fulham is one of my favourite away days but with a makeshift team I was happy with a point in our pre-match discussions.

It was a gritty performance with 4 very good chances created and it was frustrating that we could not have converted one.
If we had gone ahead I think we would have held on comfortably.

Usual gripes about ball retention and unforced errors putting pressure on the back line who were resolute for that 20 minute period when we were under the cosh in the second half…Godfrey made 2 excellent clearances/interventions in this time.

My ticket was in the home section of the Putney end and was intrigued by Fulham’s supporters. There were loads of people coming in up to 15 minutes after kick off and never seen so many people up and down the staircases throughout the match.
The people around us seemed more interested in talking about the cinema than watching the match.

Went to the 8 bells after the match and struggled to get in as the bouncers wanted to see away tickets as evidence before admission. There was a gang of Evertonians outside who had “home” tickets and were being knocked back and we ended up using phones to show Everton connections and driving licenses with Liverpool addresses…sanity prevailed and we were let in swiftly followed by Andy Burnham and his entourage.

1706731984314.png

Fulham is one of my favourite away days but with a makeshift team I was happy with a point in our pre-match discussions.

It was a gritty performance with 4 very good chances created and it was frustrating that we could not have converted one.
If we had gone ahead I think we would have held on comfortably.

Usual gripes about ball retention and unforced errors putting pressure on the back line who were resolute for that 20 minute period when we were under the cosh in the second half…Godfrey made 2 excellent clearances/interventions in this time.

My ticket was in the home section of the Putney end and was intrigued by Fulham’s supporters. There were loads of people coming in up to 15 minutes after kick off and never seen so many people up and down the staircases throughout the match.
The people around us seemed more interested in talking about the cinema than watching the match.

Went to the 8 bells after the match and struggled to get in as the bouncers wanted to see away tickets as evidence before admission. There was a gang of Evertonians outside who had “home” tickets and were being knocked back and we ended up using phones to show Everton connections and driving licenses with Liverpool addresses…sanity prevailed and we were let in swiftly followed by Andy Burnham and his entourage.
Everton had Sections 1-3 in the Putney End. We were in 4. Sections 4-6 were always called 'neutral' but used to be filled mainly with blues. There are some Fulham fans - but only Fulham could get away with the complete mix of fans in the Putney End concourse without any bother. For what it's worth we seemed to be surrounded by loads of South American students all waving those foldy paper snappers. Hate those things.
8 Bells is the pub by Putney Bridge station and was always full of blues - but they should allow Fulham fans in. It's never that kind of fixture.
We struggled to get in any pub around Stamford Bridge when we played Chelsea if you had an away ticket. As if 2 of us are gonna kick off in a boozer full of Chelsea fans.