January transfer window 2024

Status
Not open for further replies.
Missed out on a few gems from Championship. I wanted us to go for that Alex Scott.
Fit her.

330px-Alex_Scott_BBC_Sport_01_06_2019_%28cropped%29.jpg

The January transfer window ends on the 1st February for us, ends 30th January for Saudi Arabia. Just an idea but couldn’t it end at the end of January.

If it was £75mil each when weve seen Caicedo & Rice go for north of £100mil each then its lowballing on Onana. We'd end up with £66.6mil and imo we'd need £75mil+ after paying Lille their 20% on profit.

That would give us some firepower.

As for Branthwaite, its only a matter of time until he plays for England then its a £125mil price tag or no deal.

Both their values will continue to increase & we need them.

Gutted :(

Who has you’re toaster told you we‘re signing Zat ?

That's just your opinion when it comes to Onana, he has all the ability but he doesn't show it enough, Rice is a far better player anyway. Also no CB will ever go for over £100m imo and even if they do it won't be Branthwaite (not yet in his career) He is still relatively inexperienced at this level, you need to be a bit more realistic with your valuations and also remember where we are as a club. Both will get good fees but they won't be record ones like you're suggesting imo.

Im not sure why their fees/values wont increase to the levels im talking about from where youre saying?

If you think £75mil each now then whats preventing that figure from increasing in 12-24months time as an example?

Honestly selling Branthwaite, would be just about be up there with the impact of selling Rooney for me, be devasted, hes something very special.

Never forgive or forget what Moshiri has done to this club.

It takes the excitement away doesnt it. I get alot of enjoyment from seeing Branthwaite excel and from a long term defensive point of view hes someone to build around.

The dinosaur they have in charge aside, they've been quite forward thinking in the market for a few years now Palace. Olise, Eze, Doucoure, Guehi, Chris Richards, this lad. Decent little foundation there.

We also have Mykolenko, Branthwaite, Patterson, Garner, Onana, McNeil.

Our players seem to be more 'defensive' minded overall than theirs of course.

We really need to find that gamechanger from somewhere to score the goals.

Who has you’re toaster told you we‘re signing Zat ?

Florentino Luis is a strange one...weve been linkedin 2 or 3 years back with him mentioned as an £80mil+ level player in the making back then. Cant remember my views on him.

But hes not even got a cap for Portugal and now been overtaken with them and the Benfica squad by Joao Neves.

Florentino Luis is a strange one...weve been linkedin 2 or 3 years back with him mentioned as an £80mil+ level player in the making back then. Cant remember my views on him.

But hes not even got a cap for Portugal and now been overtaken with them and the Benfica squad by Joao Neves.

….we’re paying circa £25m for Beto and ‘he’s not even got a Portuguese cap’.

….we’re paying circa £25m for Beto and ‘he’s not even got a Portuguese cap’.

Isnt it a bit different? One player was never rated until turning up in Italy and the other was being touted as a future star.

Also a little interesting is that Luis is linked and only recently we were linked with another portuguese. Now Beto, Gomes and Chermiti are in our ranks...is this a purposeful focus?

Im not sure why their fees/values wont increase to the levels im talking about from where youre saying?

If you think £75mil each now then whats preventing that figure from increasing in 12-24months time as an example?

It takes the excitement away doesnt it. I get alot of enjoyment from seeing Branthwaite excel and from a long term defensive point of view hes someone to build around.

We also have Mykolenko, Branthwaite, Patterson, Garner, Onana, McNeil.

Our players seem to be more 'defensive' minded overall than theirs of course.

We really need to find that gamechanger from somewhere to score the goals.
Both will be gone in the summer due to us needing cash to rebuild due to the fact we will have about 15 players in the summer and no way to replace any of them, like it or not sacrifices are going to have to be made and it will be those two.

Missed out on a few gems from Championship. I wanted us to go for that Alex Scott.
Plenty still down there but it's getting a bit pricey in recent years, I notice Brighton baulking at Leicester's £40m valuation for Keiron Dewsbury-Hall, that's a hell of a lot of money for a Championship player even though he is decent.

Status
Not open for further replies.