January transfer window 2024

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hoped that maybe we could go for J. Rowe at Norwich but I have just read that WHU
are also interested and hoping to flog Benraema to EFC!!

Please say it aint true, Sean. We have sufficient numbers of slow, non-goal scoring wingers already.

Benrahma links are strong this am...even implying permanent move...I hope that this is not the case. A loan perhaps, with an option why not, but we shouldn't sign him on a permanent at this stage. If we have the finances for a permanent move, then go for a much younger player with a value that can go up, not down.

I think we'll see Holgate and Godfrey off this January and I wouldn't be surprised if Danjuma tries to get out due to his lack of game time.

As a fanbase, we are desperate for some fresh blood especially in midfield so hopefully a few loans can come in to help out.

Money is very very tight but these pending sanctions have hampered us because of the leagues complete and utter incompetence.

I would be happy for the 10 points to be returned rather than any signing but I know our fans, we need that injection as boost.
They’d have to be super quick sorting moves, the window closes on Wednesday

I hoped that maybe we could go for J. Rowe at Norwich but I have just read that WHU
are also interested and hoping to flog Benraema to EFC!!

Please say it aint true, Sean. We have sufficient numbers of slow, non-goal scoring wingers already.
What’s his defensive numbers? That’s the only remit dyche is interested in

No one is paying the price for our best players that we think they are worth. We are not buying anyone. This window is a dead duck.

At best we may be able to move on some bit part or non core players for a few million. To be fair I am ok will this it helps in reducing the wage bill as well as giving us a small amount of positive on player sales.

I only wish we had a strong youth set up which brought first team players through or even championship players through where we could earn a few quid

Benrahma links are strong this am...even implying permanent move...I hope that this is not the case. A loan perhaps, with an option why not, but we shouldn't sign him on a permanent at this stage. If we have the finances for a permanent move, then go for a much younger player with a value that can go up, not down.
Agreed. But if we do go for him it’s a clear sign panic has set in and the club has decided it’s more important to have someone cut in and curl one single goal into the far corner at some point over the next few months to scrape a win, rather than doing what’s right for the future.

No one is paying the price for our best players that we think they are worth. We are not buying anyone. This window is a dead duck.

At best we may be able to move on some bit part or non core players for a few million. To be fair I am ok will this it helps in reducing the wage bill as well as giving us a small amount of positive on player sales.

I only wish we had a strong youth set up which brought first team players through or even championship players through where we could earn a few quid
We sold 2 of them for 15m in the Summer mate.

And another for 45m last Jan.

Been poor for a while, and 29 at the start of next season, loan maybe but not a chance we should buy, will smack of a dyche signing to me, Thelwell has mainly bought younger players last few years, bar the odd cheap buy like gana.

Status
Not open for further replies.