6 + 2 Point Deductions

Just listened to a section on the irish Newstalk show "off the ball"
Only caught a bit of it but basically it was the french journalist Phillipe Auclair advocating for the club going in to administration and starting again from the bottom of the football pyramid. Kinda insane stuff.
There was an Evertonian called Sarah doing a good job of trying to explain why perhaps administration isnt the best idea.
I'll keep an eye out for a link. It was just on live about 10 mins ago.
The full show seems to be subscription only. There is an extract available. Comparing the club to a dying hospital patient. Auclair is saying that liquidation was not so bad for Rangers so could be an option for us. We would get control of our club back. The main difference is that Rangers were able to start again in tier 4. It's not clear at what level an Everton phoenix club would need to re-enter the pyramid. Possibly tier 9 or 10 judging by what happened with AFC Wimbledon and Maidstone United so it would take a long time to get back to the Top Flight. So probably not the best idea.

The full show seems to be subscription only. There is an extract available. Comparing the club to a dying hospital patient. Auclair is saying that liquidation was not so bad for Rangers so could be an option for us. We would get control of our club back. The main difference is that Rangers were able to start again in tier 4. It's not clear at what level an Everton phoenix club would need to re-enter the pyramid. Possibly tier 9 or 10 judging by what happened with AFC Wimbledon and Maidstone United so it would take a long time to get back to the Top Flight. So probably not the best idea.

What an utter clown.

And by the way, Administration and liquidation are 2 very different things.

Can't take any positives from it.

Seems like a narrative is being set, accept our fate!!

Sorry, not directed at you this, but, how have we gone from some fans accepting 10 points as ok, to all out catastrophic collapse of the club as even being mentioned?

Current economics tell me that we don't recover from this scenario as painted, not just on a club basis, the world is sinking in debt, when push comes to shove no one will even pass a fleeting glance our way if it goes tits up for us😡

We need to unify and fight with everything to preserve this Historic Institution, not just roll over.

He is one of the most frustrating players I have seen in a long while tbh, he has the skills there but he doesn't know what to do with them half the time. I can see why he spent time at a club like Utd in a bygone era.
You sure do talk some cack but on the other hand you are a delicious snack. Yum yum.

Yea, he went on about if for a good 5 minutes before this clip kicks in.
Saying that everyone gets relegated, it's no big deal, why are we so scared of it. etc.
Compared us to Portsmouth.
It was weird. It was like he knew a lot about football and had no idea about it all at the same time.

Everton are easily a big enough name to attract a rescue buyer, but it will likely come to that. The PL getting their act together now though puts them in a tricky situation as they basically need owner cash injection to stay afloat and the owner has decided to say [Poor language removed] it, I'm out of here and left it to the potential new owners to keep the ship running.

Go to companies house and download Everton's year end accounts since Moshiri came in though. Its a full on clusterfuck. Everton has posted losses as below:

2022 - 45m
2021 - 121m
2020 - 139m
2019 - 112m
2018 - 13m

Should have had the case sorted two years ago but the PL didn't have the appetite, so working through the backlog. 2023 isn't posted publicly until June, but I hear its around the 75m.

Have a browse through if you want to get a feel for where the monies gone, its all there - if a bit heavy going in places, but you can skip all that - the balance sheet and P&L tell you all you need to know. Of particular note, on page 12 of the Directors report regarding Everton as an ongoing concern - specifically, in a relegation scenario it won't be, which is frankly an appalling admission of gross negligence, as a Directors primary responsibility is to ensure the continued viability of the organisation. They are essentially saying, [Poor language removed] it - we go down, we go bust.

while there were some add backs in 2020 (not many I presume if there was only 3 months of Covid impact), how can we still be in breach with £139m of losses falling off the 3 year cycle and we were only £19.5m in excess with £139m?

If you notice the transfer market at the moment in the prem is low fee signings - which suggest to me as a guess 80 percent of clubs in the prem are as guilty as hell over FFP finances - all of a sudden they are stating that they need to offload players to make big signings - this has never happened before particularly with the big clubs - untill the prem make a big 10 points deduction on us .....
In other words we are being an easy target after losing our unofficial financial main backer in USM.....
Chelsea got looked after ....we are they called it only a small club, Trying to move to a new fantastic stadium to better ourselves - someone at the prem does not want that to happen IMO
It is just so obvious but the RS media will still call us cheats. As well as plenty of Everton 'fans'.

while there were some add backs in 2020 (not many I presume if there was only 3 months of Covid impact), how can we still be in breach with £139m of losses falling off the 3 year cycle and we were only £19.5m in excess with £139m?
Without seeing the accounts, nobody can really answer that, even then its impossible to know for now, cos yes, we made a loss of 139m, but theres no real way of knowing how much of those loses were Stadium related and thus not included in FFP.

It depends what you consider cheating.

We didnt cheat, we just made some rather silly accounting errors.
Doesn't really matter what I think. My point is that the media and others call us cheats but now that we have been punished everyone else who behaved in a similar way have decided not to carry on in a similar way in case they get punished in a similar way. Likely they won't, obvs.

Doesn't really matter what I think. My point is that the media and others call us cheats but now that we have been punished everyone else who behaved in a similar way have decided not to carry on in a similar way in case they get punished in a similar way. Likely they won't, obvs.
Are the media calling us cheats?

I think the majority of the media I have read has been quite outraged at what many consider an over zealous points deduction.

I know the fans call us cheats, but thats just banter innit.

What an utter clown.

And by the way, Administration and liquidation are 2 very different things.
Which is interesting as he’s the co-author with Paul Brown of some seemingly very in depth financial analysis of 777 with an awful lot of unsourced allegations.

I don’t know much about Paul Brown at all but if Auclair is spouting nonsense about things like this I sure hope PB knows his stuff.

Which is interesting as he’s the co-author with Paul Brown of some seemingly very in depth financial analysis of 777 with an awful lot of unsourced allegations.

I don’t know much about Paul Brown at all but if Auclair is spouting nonsense about things like this I sure hope PB knows his stuff.
He really does not.

I honestly dont ever recall Paul Brown being right about anything.

But in his defence, all the 777 stuff is backed up on the main with legit links, so I wouldnt dismiss everything he says regarding that.