6 + 2 Point Deductions

Its a tough one because you clearly broke rules and were hit with a deduction. From the outside looking in I thought that was fair enough - you can disagree about the length of sentence but not the validity of the right to pass sentence itself. However, the second charge seems a bit more odd. Not necessarily because you can't be hit twice in one season - i think a similar thing happened to Derby (?) - but that it appears that your appeal would surely negate the second charge. I'm not all over this but surely one charge is in line with the second and that needs to be dealt with first? That said, I'm glad they're getting tough and unfortunately Forest took a risk on when to sell Brannan to maximise profit and that's also against the rules.

So, you two dealt with, now tomorrow is Man City ( a biggish club with lots of money) and then the day after, Chelsea (a small club with lots of money). That's how this works, right? Right?
My biggest gripe is the punishment which was invented only for our breach will be used again for the second one and then scrapped next season as it's not appropriate.

If I've understood it correctly.

The PL is loaded, PL clubs have access to funds.
How can all this not be handled in a quick manner in the off season.
In the case of city who seem intent on gumming up the process, threaten them with suspension from the league pending investigation.
It's processing club accounts and dealings. It shouldnt take years.

I never said they should be 'happy' to. I said that if their minimum aim is to stay up then they only need to be better than 3 teams.

And you don't need £105M players to do that in the immediate season or two after promotion. That may change in time but certainly not in the promotion season.

That's fair enough, but your tone and wording definitely had an air of 'they should know their place' about it. Especially saying, 'they only need to compete with three other teams' when it's a 20 team league.

I see I'm not the only person ( @ToffeeTim ) to read those comments and think the same.

Anyway, I can see there's some logic in what you're saying, but perhaps you could have worded it better. Regardless, I have a feeling we could go round in circles all day here, so have a nice day mate. ;)

This system was supposedly put in place at least partly to make clubs more sustainable, hence the name.

What would be sustainable about relegating clubs that are already struggling financially? Wouldn’t -20 points or whatever we’ll end up with put us far more at risk of going bust? Why not a transfer ban, or a ban on us giving players improved contracts or something? It may result in relegation eventually, but would mean we definitely spend less.

Unbelievable stuff
We’re one of only six ever present teams in his stupid league and even given our long spell of not winning trophies we’re joint fourth with Man City for top flight trophies won

Forest may not have been top flight much recently but they won two European Cups and have a big loyal following. No way they’re a small club.