Relegation 23/24 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The 'we will be fine' shouts are just as mental as the 'we are doomed' shouts.
Based on us staying up by the skin of our teeth 2 seasons in a row and us apparently being too big to be relegated. We are not doomed, but equally we wont just 'be fine'.

Both situations are as possible as the other. Just wish we could sort out the 10 point situation so we all know exactly where we stand. If we were on 27 points now, given the quality of the bottom 3 I dont even think anyone would give relegation a thought.

Based on us staying up by the skin of our teeth 2 seasons in a row and us apparently being too big to be relegated. We are not doomed, but equally we wont just 'be fine'.

Both situations are as possible as the other. Just wish we could sort out the 10 point situation so we all know exactly where we stand. If we were on 27 points now, given the quality of the bottom 3 I dont even think anyone would give relegation a thought.
There's no point in making any predictions about this season because it's all about spreadsheets and legal wrangling. We could be on 27 points, we could be on 17, we could be on 7. Or any numbers in between.

Tomorrow is more important to us than today, the matches feel secondary.

We’ll be fine!

This team is still crap... nothing has changed, 6 without a win since Onana burst the clubs feelgood factor, that could quite eaily be 10 without a win after Palace, Fulham, Spurs and City.

This club is in a relegation dogfight, buckle up again.... Not sure I`ve got the energy for a 3rd season of that! It`s far too draining.

We`ve played more games....

They`ve improved and as I remember we got very very lucky there last season... they had a stupid amount of shots.
Was a tough villa side today i an but gutted with the result with dcl chance but is still a good point. Luton got very lucky the other day abd there form will dip like what we have had, was it great today no but was it a decent performance yes. We did get lucky last season but is a different team have so much more fight this team the last two seasons would have got beat today. I get why worried but we still have no idea if points back or wtf will happen,

If you win, don’t lose. They are 3rd we are 16th, happy with the draw and clean sheet. Anyone who isn’t is a big fat loser.

Yes 27 points and it would be a bit like I think Silva's first season? Good start then after the infamous Pickford blunder at the swamp there was a really poor period of form between December up to March. Ultimately though a comfortable cushion over bottom 3 and form then picked up nicely and finished on 54 points in the end.

In a "normal" season that could still be possible.

However if I'm not mistaken the current points total is broadly what it was when Lampard was sacked? And less than what FSW was on the previous year.

A point a game from now until the end gets the team finishing on 34 points.

Would quantify things by saying I am fully expecting points back. But then I never thought the punishment would be anything like -10 so simply can't be 100% sure on that and now you have the nonsense of the new alleged breach being announced tomorrow.

This battle simply isn't going to be wrapped up by early April I'm afraid looking at the fixtures for next two months. It is a very hard run up to Burnley at home on 6th April.

If you win, don’t lose. They are 3rd we are 16th, happy with the draw and clean sheet. Anyone who isn’t is a big fat loser.
Some people just thrive on doom and would love to see us go down just to be proved right, even though they’ve been wrong for the last two seasons. They call themselves fans too.

Luton Town’s all conquering home form will surely send us down. Heart breaking 😭

Keep reading people mocking them. They've played 7 of the current top 8 at home and certainly not been disgraced in any of them. Liverpool and arsenal needed injury time goals to get something.
They have a go and im not as cocky as some seem to be that they are just going to fall away.

Keep reading people mocking them. They've played 7 of the current top 8 at home and certainly not been disgraced in any of them. Liverpool and arsenal needed injury time goals to get something.
They have a go and im not as cocky as some seem to be that they are just going to fall away.

Agreed. If they play like they have so far against the poorer teams at home they will pick up a few wins imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.