6 + 2 Point Deductions

I assume you mean tie up in knots after successfully managing to lobby for a suspension of our points deduction?
I mean tie them up in knots as in present them with so many undeniable issues with their entire procedure from start to finish that they are more worried about being outed and prosecuted and thus giving us back the points they stole from us will seem like a preferred way out of the mess. Ordinary people can pick many holes in their procedures so an experienced silk of his calibre will hopefully have an absolute field day and with the power behind him to instil unfaltering fear.

So we will just deduct Everton the right amount of points to relegate them after the season is finished

IMG_5232.jpeg

Newcastle may have to sell a star name in order to buy. A line you will never see written about Liverpool or United.

If even a state backed club can’t break into the elite then what’s even the point?
Yeah, I mean I've no love for Newcastle or the Saudis so I'm not losing any sleep over their situation, but it's totally ridiculous that the richest on paper club in the league has to sell before they can spend their own money. The clubs who have the highest revenue put themselves in that position during a period where spending wasn't limited and it's wrong that the league have agreed rules designed to preserve that advantage forever.

Feeling moved to join this discussion today.
Frankly I would argue that the whole concept of a points deduction for this sort of administrative/Financial issue is unfair and unrelated.
So if you are charged with financial irregularities, spending too much on players and trying to buy success the correct avenue for punishing that would be for example:
- a fine
- a transfer ban
- a salary cap
- a lower limit than the other teams for next year

One of the above would have a proportionate effect of rebalancing the transgression. Things like points reductions should be saved for activities which directly impact results such as match fixing or playing unregistered players. Those things directly impact the on-field performance and therefore merit an effective on-field punishment.
The fact that a club is run by idiots who cant use a spreadsheet should punish that side of the business.
There you go.....

As far as im aware the clubs can vote to remove PSR.

It would require 2/3rds to vote for it.

Who would vote against removing it?

United, Arsenal, Liverpool, Brighton, Brentford, Fulham, Everton, Villa, Wolves, Bournemouth, Palace, Forest, Luton, Burnley, Sheff Utd.

So that leaves Newcastle, City and Chelsea, Spurs who vote to remove it.

Clearly ive missed some teams out, but meh.

I’m not sure

I can’t see why Villa, Forest, Wolves, Everton or Bournemouth would vote for FFP. All have owners who probably wanted to spend more at some point. There’s a couple of teams who are just happy existing in the PL and it suits their owners as they can just blame FFP for not putting their hands in their pocket. Still wouldn’t be enough to overturn it mind.

I’m not sure

I can’t see why Villa, Forest, Wolves, Everton or Bournemouth would vote for FFP. All have owners who probably wanted to spend more at some point. There’s a couple of teams who are just happy existing in the PL and it suits their owners as they can just blame FFP for not putting their hands in their pocket. Still wouldn’t be enough to overturn it mind.
We voted for it in the first place.

Against: Man City, Fulham, Aston Villa, West Brom, Swansea, Southampton.

Abstained: Reading abstained