2023/24 Amadou Onana

Is lavia £53 mil at 19 and caicedo £115mil at their level ?
No not many get to their level and I’d rather have either of them over Onana. Just my opinion, if he’s as good and worth as much as people mention why doesn’t he stand out in our awful side individually we’re pretty crap as a team we work hard and it’s paid off so far for Dyche. In fact Id prefer Garner over him.

No not many get to their level and I’d rather have either of them over Onana. Just my opinion, if he’s as good and worth as much as people mention why doesn’t he stand out in our awful side individually we’re pretty crap as a team we work hard and it’s paid off so far for Dyche. In fact Id prefer Garner over him.
You obviously don’t like him then, fair enough but what’s Lavia really done.
And James garner is a good player, but he’s not at Onana’s level and never will be let’s see where both players end up.

Your last line: have there been any bids? Not sure. Has there been plenty of paper talk about other clubs being interested? Yes loads of paper talk by reporters on a slack day with nothing better to do.

He has said that a year back that he had opportunities to move (i think Chelsea).

But no ones mentioned them at 20-22 so it’s silly to make the comparison. A prime rodri or Onana I know who I’m picking every day of the week.

So its "silly" to compare older top players level when they were the same age as Onana?

Or is it a valuable comparison to determine what level Onana may reach in future seasons?

Hahahahaha

You obviously don’t like him then, fair enough but what’s Lavia really done.
And James garner is a good player, but he’s not at Onana’s level and never will be let’s see where both players end up.
No it’s mad because I’ve not seen an awful lot of them but when I have I’ve seen them influential in games . I’ve watched every minute of Onana for the last 18 months and he’s rarely influencing games, not really doing anything anyone else couldn’t do anyway. Think Garner would be a bigger miss than Onana he will never be at his level you’ve got to be kidding he’s already past his level. And I don’t dislike him I just don’t see these mad comparisons.

I go the match trusting what I am seeing with my own eyes.
I don't need someone on a computer analising the game to tell me how well a player has played.statistically a 5 yard pass backwards or sideways is exactly the same as a 40 yard forward pass if they reach there target
Exactly not sure what some people are watching.

It was interesting listening to that Ben Foster pod with James Tarkowski from before Christmas.

One of the talking points was around how today you have to be an athlete first; Onana was mentioned as possibly the fastest in the squad, he’s 6’5”, plus he has very good technical ability.

Add all those together and that’s probably some way to explaining why people talk about him in expectant terms.

No it’s mad because I’ve not seen an awful lot of them but when I have I’ve seen them influential in games . I’ve watched every minute of Onana for the last 18 months and he’s rarely influencing games, not really doing anything anyone else couldn’t do anyway. Think Garner would be a bigger miss than Onana he will never be at his level you’ve got to be kidding he’s already past his level. And I don’t dislike him I just don’t see these mad comparisons.
That’s why Onana will go for £80 mil to a champions league club and garner may go to a villa for 35mil. Personally think we keep garner and maybe he moves on at 28/29 when he has a year or two left on his deal. Onana is already a Belgium regular, how far is garner away from the England squad, never mind the team

If we had one of those 2, and Onana at those teams....you would be saying the same thing.

Not having Onana going for 60mil if Caicedo goes for 110mil
Some of Caicedo's performances this season would have people here doing somersaults if he were our player

That’s why Onana will go for £80 mil to a champions league club and garner may go to a villa for 35mil. Personally think we keep garner and maybe he moves on at 28/29 when he has a year or two left on his deal. Onana is already a Belgium regular, how far is garner away from the England squad, never mind the team
England squad has far greater depth than the Belgian squad though