Fielding a weakened team and/or wanting Everton to go out of the cup early.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope Palace play their best team and rattle in 4 by HT and Dyche starts making the changes needed to preserve our paper thin squad.

By 10pm on Thursday night I want us out of that cup and the decks cleared for an almighty relegation battle.
Would you ever eff off with that rubbish! We start our strongest team against Palace and win the game. It's that simple for me.

I'd go with the full strength back 5 (Pickford, Coleman, Tarkowski, Branthwaite, Mykolenko) to try to let them get reacquainted then rest Harrison, McNeil, Calvert-Lewin (Danjuma, Dobbin, Beto in) because this approach protects key players our first 11, gets minutes in the legs of fringe players so they're not coming in cold when we need to change a game, and gives us a decent chance of getting a result in a match we can imo lose without having to be upset, we can concentrate on survival.

However, all that said, I'm not manager of Everton so it's just words on a forum that has no more influence on anything than what my 95 year old Grandad told me he thinks we should do or what my 11 year old Nephew has been messaging me about what his thoughts on Thursday's game are. Pretty strange thread tbf. Isn't the Internet weird sometimes.

I'd go with the full strength back 5 (Pickford, Coleman, Tarkowski, Branthwaite, Mykolenko) to try to let them get reacquainted then rest Harrison, McNeil, Calvert-Lewin (Danjuma, Dobbin, Beto in) because this approach protects key players our first 11, gets minutes in the legs of fringe players so they're not coming in cold when we need to change a game, and gives us a decent chance of getting a result in a match we can imo lose without having to be upset, we can concentrate on survival.

However, all that said, I'm not manager of Everton so it's just words on a forum that has no more influence on anything than what my 95 year old Grandad told me he thinks we should do or what my 11 year old Nephew has been messaging me about what his thoughts on Thursday's game are. Pretty strange thread tbf. Isn't the Internet weird sometimes.
Indeed. Fellas actually wanting their own team to lose in a cup comp is something I can never, ever understand.

Indeed. Fellas actually wanting their own team to lose in a cup comp is something I can never, ever understand.
Fellas who've watched football all their life thinking what they want makes any difference to a football match happening a couple of hundred miles away is also pretty difficult to understand too.

It's a tricky one.

Ultimately 4-5k will be going down to South London on a miserable midweek evening so they deserve to have some respect shown.

I think it will be weakened but plenty on here have been calling for Beto to start for weeks so him and Danjuma are obvious selections, Gomes aswell. Then Seamus given some minutes after a month off as he'll then come into contention to play v Villa. Tarks is the sort who wants to play every game and has a superb fitness record so would keep him in.

Dyche has also played Pickford in every cup game so far (started him at Doncaster). It's not going to be the youth team out there.

Anyone not wanting us to have a go at the F.A Cup, could you say why you even bother with football at all if winning trophies is not a desire for your team?

Imagine social media if it was around in 1984?
"Kendall is clearly out of his depth at this level, all he's ever done is manage Blackburn"
"Just play the rezzies in the 4th round and concentrate on staying up"
There'd be the daily hate.... and it'd probably last longer than just 2 minutes... oh wait.
People are stupid, expecting grandiose reactions to minor problems, we've got just about one side in our squad, which limits what we can do in terms of style of play and set up. A couple of injuries or suspensions and we're down to emergency measures and the quality drops way off. We don't have the depth to be mixing up play, we only really have the high intensity press and try to force errors in the oppositions final third, waiting on a break of the ball or a flick on or a first time ball into space to split a defence, for some reason we don't look for overlaps on the wings and try to get crosses in to late arrivers in the box. It might be the safety first approach of looking to exploit set pieces that has dictated the risk taking and committal of players to attacks. Hell, we may just not quite have the speed so we're playing much safer stuff.

We're about a season-ending injury away from certain relegation due to our squad being so pathetically poor. I can't say that going out of the FA Cup would be a disappointment this season, as sad as it is to think that way.

Status
Not open for further replies.