Match Thread Wolves v Everton - Team Prediction, Match Report & MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wolves quicker all over the pitch than us,very,very pedestrian.
Someone pointed out their home form which has been decent all season so was never going to be easy but to see us play the way we did was an utter disgrace today. The only thing that probably stops people going mad is how thin the squad is and how knackered every single one them looked

Wolves quicker all over the pitch than us,very,very pedestrian.
They all supported each other. Had 2 or 3 players available within a short distance of each other at any one time. We were the opposite to it. No support and players looking to reset position when a more forward player had the ball. They out manouvered us and helped each other no matter what part of the pitch

Does anyone know if this take over happens does that reset this financial fair play rubbish? If it does happen then surely we would be able to spend some money?

Wolves, another mediocre mid table club who we have a terrible record against, they have now won 5 of the last 6 against us, the exception being when a 99th min equaliser by Yerry Mina got us a draw.
Very sad that we have become such a favourite opponent for so many clubs.
Can see why most of the time tbh but hopefully once moshiri packs up and legs it we can try to actually build a better squad who can not only compete but not look ruined if we have an injury or two

It’s not going to get any easier with the next four games but this is the premier league. What I don’t get is Dyche sometimes, we have done fine with 4 at the back and created more opportunities with this formation. So, he plays 5 and puts Keane in who is known for making mistakes. It’s just baffling. I would rather of us had a go and got beat 3-0 than to do what we did today. Put some of the younger, fresher lads in, I think Dyche cost us today.

It doesn’t lie but we’re not in 17th because we’ve played terribly all season like we have in the last 2 seasons. The performances have been much better than the last couple of years, it’s all about the second half of the season now though and doing the same again.
To me it's the psychological effect the stolen ten points are having on the team. The squad is wafer thin at best and to achieve what they did must have eased any thoughts about a dog fight again in the relegation zone. Then to be plunged back into the turmoil is like being plunged into an ice bath. Somehow we need to steady the ship again. I'm hoping a fortnight way from the PL gives us that opportunity to sort ourselves out.

Aint a whole lot to say...
Wrong tactics so what they played 5-3-2 we didn't have too.Tarkowski and Branthwaite would have sufficed with our full backs getting forward naturally.Did not need a third centre back.Onano was poor today jogging around aimlessly was dying to come off after abt 20 minutes Unfortunately no midfield options.Dacoure badly missed again driving forward with purpose which Onana is not capable of.

Status
Not open for further replies.