Match Thread Wolves v Everton - Team Prediction, Match Report & MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
We don’t “really” have less than 20 points though, we got 26 in the first half of the season. We’ll need to play better than today for the rest of the season but I felt a lot less confident last season when we really did have less than 20 points.
We are on 16 points after 20 games. That is a fact. Maybe the appeal will be successful maybe it wont, but we cannot count on that nor call our position "false" because some people don't want to accept it. I think we'll still stay up, but to pretend we'll be chasing midtable without a concern for relegation when we're 1 result away from bottom three is very misplaced to me.

We were second best from start to finish on every blade of grass. Taught a footballing lesson for most of the game. How anyone can think we will 'finish comfortably midtable' and magically overtake 6-7 teams by doing the same thing every week is beyond me. Any team with fewer than 20 points after 20 games should accept they are very much part of the relegation mix up, not midtable chasers.
Spot on apart from the bit in bold. We're well over the 20pt mark, in real terms.

We are on 16 points after 20 games. That is a fact. Maybe the appeal will be successful maybe it wont, but we cannot count on that nor call our position "false" because some people don't want to accept it. I think we'll still stay up, but to pretend we'll be chasing midtable without a concern for relegation when we're 1 result away from bottom three is very misplaced to me.
It is a fact that we’re there but it’s also a false position as we’ve played well enough so far to be 11 points clear of the bottom 3. It would take a big drop off from us and/or a big improvement from the others in the second half of the season for us to drop below them.

Cannot believe all this negativity --- played 3 of the best teams in the Division. City --- Spurs away --- and Wolves who roll everyone over @ home -- head wobbles needed.
The past 3 games ain't defining the season !!!

It is a fact that we’re there but it’s also a false position as we’ve played well enough so far to be 11 points clear of the bottom 3. It would take a big drop off from us and/or a big improvement from the others in the second half of the season for us to drop below them.
I don't buy "false position", the table doesn't lie. Until an appeals panel says otherwise, we are where we are and we have what we have. Agreed it is very unlikely the 3 below all go on winning runs as we continue to lose, but there's still half a season to go. I'm not counting my chickens just yet...

We should treat every single point we get back, always assuming our punishment is reduced, as manna from heaven. We're going to need every last one of them.
Villa next league game, what's the chances of three points from that. Going forward from that we start playing teams around us. We need to be physically and mentally ready from then.

Cannot believe all this negativity --- played 3 of the best teams in the Division. City --- Spurs away --- and Wolves who roll everyone over @ home -- head wobbles needed.
The past 3 games ain't defining the season !!!

Problem is you start to look at the next few fixtures and wonder where our next points are coming from. This league can be brutal to sides like ours when heads drop and they much today looked like they had.

Spot on apart from the bit in bold. We're well over the 20pt mark, in real terms.
I hear ya, but the only "reality" that matters is the league table, and we are currently 17th on 16 points after 20 games. Until an appeals panel decides otherwise -and they may not do- that's what we have to accept. Every game matters and every point matters. To count on an appeals panel to get us out of trouble is not a wise plan.

I don't buy "false position", the table doesn't lie. Until an appeals panel says otherwise, we are where we are and we have what we have. Agreed it is very unlikely the 3 below all go on winning runs as we continue to lose, but there's still half a season to go. I'm not counting my chickens just yet...
It doesn’t lie but we’re not in 17th because we’ve played terribly all season like we have in the last 2 seasons. The performances have been much better than the last couple of years, it’s all about the second half of the season now though and doing the same again.

We should treat every single point we get back, always assuming our punishment is reduced, as manna from heaven. We're going to need every last one of them.
Villa next league game, what's the chances of three points from that. Going forward from that we start playing teams around us. We need to be physically and mentally ready from then.
Fully agreed. Can't treat any game as a "free hit" or wave the white flag, but by the same token, it is utterly imperative to take points from the teams directly around us when we play them. Those are the games that could very well decide who stays up and who does not.

It doesn’t lie but we’re not in 17th because we’ve played terribly all season like we have in the last 2 seasons. The performances have been much better than the last couple of years, it’s all about the second half of the season now though and doing the same again.
Yeah I agree with you there.

Status
Not open for further replies.