Match Thread Everton v Manchester City - Team Prediction, Match Report & MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I understand the sentiment in the thread.. but for me Calvert Lewin is just a better footballer and would offer far more in terms of hold up play tonight than Beto will. Worry Beto will have 3 touches in 60 mins before being subbed off, 3-0 down.

The Everton of the last few weeks and the one that played most of the game against Tottenham, should be difficult opposition for City today and a different Everton that City will have been used to.

Have to try and make this match a battle. As good as they're in the final 3rd I don't see any of them fancying a cold, wet, windy night game where they're getting bullied. Let's get stuck into them and get the crowd on side. If we sit back and just surrender possession and show too much resect then the crowd will lose interest pretty quickly. If we have any success tonight, i feel the atmosphere will have a huge part to play. CoYB

I understand the sentiment in the thread.. but for me Calvert Lewin is just a better footballer and would offer far more in terms of hold up play tonight than Beto will. Worry Beto will have 3 touches in 60 mins before being subbed off, 3-0 down.

….i’ve been banging on about Beto needing to be ‘put in’ behind the CBs. To enable this, he needs somebody like Gomes to play the passes he feeds on. If Beto is ever going to start, I can fully understand why Dyche is using him tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.