Moyes is second favourite for the Spurs job according to the bookies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Easy mate, lets keep it civil. It's my belief that Yakubu was sold so under value because Moyes was sick of his half arsed performances. It wasn't a fitness or injury issue as evidenced by his form at Blackburn, he simply wouldn't give 100% for us any more because he wasn't first choice striker.

Ergo, ego. Geddit?

I don't think any of us could say how well Moyes would do at Spuds to be honest.

But I do disagree with the kind of logic that dictates that:

Moyes + no money = moderate success

so

Moyes + money = huge success.

Easy mate, lets keep it civil. It's my belief that Yakubu was sold so under value because Moyes was sick of his half arsed performances. It wasn't a fitness or injury issue as evidenced by his form at Blackburn, he simply wouldn't give 100% for us any more because he wasn't first choice striker.

Ergo, ego. Geddit?

Your belief is often wrong tho.

Ive read the utter crap you spout in the kenwrong thread, your card is marked.

He was sold on the cheap cos nobody wanted to buy him for real money.

Ergo, GASH, not ego, GEDDIT?

I don't think any of us could say how well Moyes would do at Spuds to be honest.

But I do disagree with the kind of logic that dictates that:

Moyes + no money = moderate success

so

Moyes + money = huge success.
The only time he's had big money he's bought Beattie, Johnson, Fellaini, Kroldrup and Bily. I'd disagree.

The only time he's had big money he's bought Beattie, Johnson, Fellaini, Kroldrup and Bily. I'd disagree.

Well I wasn't agreeing or disagreeing with that logic, personally. I think he's only had 'big' money one one occasion and he did spend that wisely on Fellaini. Although Felli wasn't as good a buy pound-for-pound as Moyes' best transfer successes.

Beyond that you have Yak, Bily, Beattie, Johnson, Kroldrup, Baines and Heitinga (I think they're the only buys he's made for £6m and up). You'd have to say there's a fair few flops there. His record with actual money pales in comparison to his record with smaller fees but again there's not enough to really say conclusively what he could do with big dosh. And that's my point -- anyone saying he'd be great with money or gash with it is being completely speculative.

Tactics wise he's never, ever had us playing consistently good football even with some truly ace squads and after the stuff Spuds fans have seen in the past two years I don't think they'd enjoy that. He'd no doubt sure up their defence but could he get the most out of mercurial craftsmen like Van Der Vaart...?

Ergo, ego. Geddit?
you speke utter kak lad told ye keep reading the daily mirror

You should write a sitcom.

And you should stay banned.

Beattie didnt work out, got a decent return.
Johnson sold for profit.
Fellaini 1 of the best Midfeilders in the League.
5m isnt big money, but still Kroldrup was sold for a decent return.
Poor billy, so gash, but so loveable.

You missed out Yakubu.

Maybe it's just that I'm so used to Moyes' £2m Arteta buys that I'd expect him to sign the next Messi with £10m.

Johnson sold for profit.

You missed out Yakubu.
goats throwing haymakers left right and center here

Johnson sold for profit.

You missed out Yakubu.

I think financial return is irrelevant when you're talking about Moyes hypothetically going to Spurs and trying to be a success.

It's whether or not big buys work out, not if you get good money from the ones that don't. That just makes him look like a better negotiator than a manager or talent-spotter.

Not that I'm undermining the importance of getting a good return on players -- something which he'd always managed before Yak -- it's just that cash can't put on a shirt and score goals for you, if that makes any sense!

goats throwing haymakers left right and center here

It just baffles me when people question his transfer dealings.

His tactics, his subs, far easier targets, but he cant be touched when it comes to transfers, yes he drops the ball at times, Billy and Kroldrup instantly spring to mind, but its as if people forget Arteta, Cahill, Jagielka, Baines, Lescott, Howard, Neville, Coleman, Velios, Heitinga, Pienaar, all bought for less money than 1 Andy Carroll.

Status
Not open for further replies.