Match Thread Everton v Newcastle United - Team prediction, Match Report & MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
To me it looked like a couple of them were having a go at Jordan for how much he was enjoying holding onto the ball etc after we went a couple goals up. Jordan was having a good laugh at them and then they got extra mouthy and he looked like he was gonna square up.
At that point Jordan was shepherded away and went to go clap our fans and Tarks came over and told everyone to clear off and then Joelinton who looked like he had been trying to calm his team mates down at first absolutely lost his head and looked like he was trying to offer Tarks out in the tunnel.
Hilarious stuff.
Absolutely love that not only did we out-work/fight one of the hardest working outfits in the league but we got in their head so much that they lost the plot at full time after we beat them.
This is the Dyche team I dreamed of seeing, he’s doing a wonderful job with everything about the team.
Then Seamus got involved giving Joelinton loads, I think he wanted to have it out there and then with Joelinton before he was ushered away. At the same time Beto was still celebrating his goal dancing to the crowd singing his praises before he finally took his shirt off,not to fight,but to go over to a fan he seemed to pick out and present him with his shirt. The crowd were mostly lapping up the victory and celebrating it wildly, one of those great Goodison nights, I hope there are a few more nights like that to come— — we really deserve them.

Agreed!

Definitely not enough being made of this goal!!

There's a thought that Dyche's football is somehow Wimbledon-esque. I think that just destroys that theory.

And yes any other club especially the likes of Man U and RS and City this would be because they're the best football team in the world bla bla bla.

Shows yeah. This team is going places.

Last edited:

Ironic them moaning about time-wasting; aren't they the team that "delay" more than anyone else in the Premier League? There was a stat somewhere about it.
Yeah think I saw it, it’s the amount of time they take to take corners, goal kicks, free kicks and throw ins. Plus they thrown themselves to the ground as they are all graduates of the Suarez academy.

Cracking performance all over the pitch.

All about the partnerships.

Branthwaite and Tarkowski were immense at the back, were calm and aggressive in equal measure. Great foil for eachother, Tarks the proactive leader and communicator, Branthwaite just so clutch, more of a modest game reader than a game leader. Mykolenko and McNeill on the left, Coleman and Young on the right, worked so well in tandem tracking back as well as getting forward. Almiron/Trippier were completely nullified on the right, the fact that they had to constantly switch up their front three spoke volumes. Both sides adapted so well to the different threats that were posed. Thought Harrison and Dom were also on a great wavelength, both did so well to stop the build up from their centre halves through midfield by tirelessly pressing and cutting passing lanes, as well creating a threat in behind, holding the ball up and winning those second balls when we needed to bypass their press.

Only area we were a bit sub par was centre mid, although perhaps to be expected given the personnel. Both Doucz and Gueye like to go beyond the midfield to press, and Newcs only real threats tended to come when Gueye and Doucz had vacated their positions, leaving us exposed in the middle of the park. However their front foot defending also meant we were able to win and then keep the ball higher up the pitch, so a risky strategy that also paid off (C.F. our second goal).

Harrison MOM for me. Given the circumstances, playing out of position, and assigned the task of both disrupting Guimares and then attacking off the back of him, thought he was the difference maker in many ways.

Chuffed to bits, Goodison needed that. Let's pipe Chelsea on the weekend now

UTFT

Status
Not open for further replies.