6 + 2 Point Deductions

I’m thinking this is going to have a positive effect on our players. We are playing good football and getting results and to have the fruits of their labours snatched away by the league will be gutting.
It’s an unprecedented situation. If they were genuine relegation fodder then heads dropping would be expected. This is a whole different animal. This is the league attempting to take away their pride and relegate them through no fault of their own. This is where they need to show their mental toughness and stick two fingers up to the league and every other critic.

I’m thinking this is going to have a positive effect on our players. We are playing good football and getting results and to have the fruits of their labours snatched away by the league will be gutting.
It’s an unprecedented situation. If they were genuine relegation fodder then heads dropping would be expected. This is a whole different animal. This is the league attempting to take away their pride and relegate them through no fault of their own. This is where they need to show their mental toughness and stick two fingers up to the league and every other critic.
Could go one of two ways. If we get smacked around by United at home next week, things will really take a turn for the worse.

What does my head in is that Everton all along have said we haven’t broke the rules. Yet, the first paragraph of that document says that Everton agrees it broke the rules. So annoying as a supporter of the club.

Just hearing from one of the football legal experts that there are serious concerns with other clubs notably Chelsea that their punishment should they be found guilty will be relegation never mind point deduction.
Slow but noticeable focus now away from Everton in the media, towards other more prominent clubs.
Normal service resuming already?
Never...we know nothing will happen to the big boys. But the premier league has to be careful because the way they treated everton could backfire massively on them at a critical time when future tv contracts are up for renewal. I think we have a strong case of unfair treatment but it can drag on and we need the top lawyers.

It's certain now that we won't win Premiership this season. Never mind, we'll win league cup, play final of FA and stay in league. This decision will have big implication on City too. Different decision on their case will mean that FA is sold to Petro dolars.

I think it's an absolute disgrace. However...

26 games left.
I have said before on the forum that this season I cannot see Sheff Utd, Luton or Burnley getting more than 25 points. At a stretch, maybe 2-3 more.
SO, a point a game (which we are more than capable of) should give us possible daylight; anything more is a bonus.

Don't despair, even if the appeal goes against us. Dyche's team talks on the training ground and in the dressing room should galvanise the team to go out and absolutely deliver. And I think he and they will. It will also galvanise the support at the home games also. ManUre must be thinking 'Oh, merde! First game at Goodison under the ban...'