6 + 2 Point Deductions

To put it into perspective

It's was a 20 mil overspend
No it was a £125 million overspend but £20 million over the allowed amount. If we appeal and they interpret it differently we may get it reduced to 8 points. We've basically pleaded guilty to an offence that gets you an 8 point penalty. This is a direct consequence of years of financial mismanagement, against the wishes of a lot of supporters who wanted us to live within our means and not buy mercenaries for silly money and on silly wages. The frustrating thing is we seem to be stabilising now, but I have no sympathy for Moshiri. We should suck it up and get on with winning some football matches so we can move on and forget this terrible period of profligacy under Moshiri and Kenwright.

Absolutely shocked.

At least if we go down it won't be due to anything on the pitch.

Don't know what else to say. Perhaps it's the day that the last semblance of fair competition went out the window.

If we stay up after this it will be something special.
I think we stay up as long as we don't go into administration.

The 3 promoted teams are shockingly bad.

This will create a siege mentality at Goodison and galvanise the team.

Cannot put into words how angry i am about this. I am livid and disgusted. Every other club in this league should get behind Everton and not accept it. An injustice for 1 club is an injustice for them all. They wont though because they are either trying to start a super league without punishment or covering up their own far worse breaches without punishment. Enough is enough for me. It would suit me fine if Everton just refused to compete in this league until the corruption is removed.

There is no doubt that we have been badly ran for a few years and deserved some kind of punishment but at worst it should have been a suspended point deduction and severe kick up the ass but after consecutive relegation battles, the ongoing selling of the club, the death of the chairman and the team finally getting some stability on the field and moving up the table, this is getting the biggest sharp knife you can find, sticking it in and twisting it around to make it hurt as much as possible. especially the clubs supporters who have been innocent loyal bystanders throughout.

I am absolutely outraged and don't want anything else to do with this corrupt league. They would give politicians a run for their money. Better off just finding another sport tbh.
Just to put things in perspective, were you equally as livid when our covid losses were pretty much double all the other clubs? We've been playing with fire for a long time. Life's too short. We're still going to be playing in the Prem next season with this behind us. We should appeal, get it reduced just to make life easier for us this season and then look at it as a fresh start to rebuild our club.

Get ready for the profit
The PL statement. They claimed we were 19.5m over, we argued and showed a calculation that it was 9.7m.

However, skimming the actual report, i think the issue is we mislead them about figures and didn’t act in good faith.
Sacked managers taking their contracts?