Financial Fair Play investigation

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m not a broadcaster, so don’t try and pull that stunt.
What I do know is clicks and engagement plus advertising makes money. And I’d assume milking every layer of this very layered story would create more than enough juicy stories to churn out. Everything from the timeline, the ground, the transfers, interviews, debates, developments, fan engagement. It would legitimately be one of the biggest stories since Leicester winning the leage
So the broadcasters and surrounding media are making the money out of a transient story that ends with us relegated and the loss of interest to the Premier League of both Everton fans - and people watching the unfolding drama?

Sending all of those eyes to The Championship, while keeping - I don't know - Luton as the club that has replaced Everton the following season?

How does that make any sense as a motive for the Premier League to relegate us?

So the broadcasters and surrounding media are making the money out of a transient story that ends with us relegated and the loss of interest to the Premier League of both Everton fans - and people watching the unfolding drama?

Sending all of those eyes to The Championship, while keeping - I don't know - Luton as the club that has replaced Everton the following season?

but it won’t be Luton replacing us. It will be Leeds, Leicester and another

You’re in denial as to how little the premier league cares for any club outside of their beloved darlings

but it won’t be Luton replacing us. It will be Leeds, Leicester and another
No, it won't.

We wouldn't be taking the place of a Championship club coming up regardless of what happens to us.

We'd be taking the place of a crap Premier League team being relegated.

You’re in denial as to how little the premier league cares for any club outside of their beloved darlings
It's all about numbers, you're the one talking about money and interest.

More people care about Everton than Luton.

….I actually wonder if the agenda is being driven more by the satellite TV companies than the PL. Those companies have their ‘cash cows’, teams who’s legion of worldwide supporters pay them £millions each season. Those companies must have influence on PL governance.

….I actually wonder if the agenda is being driven more by the satellite TV companies than the PL. Those companies have their ‘cash cows’, teams who’s legion of worldwide supporters pay them £millions each season. Those companies must have influence on PL governance.
I imagine the drama of a points deduction would make things more exciting, yes.

But actively relegating Everton - which is the extreme version of that, and something different I'm trying to draw a distinction with - would not benefit the product.

No, it won't.

We wouldn't be taking the place of a Championship club coming up regardless of what happens to us.

We'd be taking the place of a crap Premier League team being relegated.

It's all about numbers, you're the one talking about money and interest.

More people care about Everton than Luton.
Luton are going to be relegated this season, next season they won’t be in the equation.

Next season, if we go down, it won’t be Luton, it will be Leeds. What’s no clicking

Luton are going to be relegated this season, next season they won’t be in the equation.

Next season, if we go down, it won’t be Luton, it will be Leeds. What’s no clicking
I have no idea what point you're trying to make here.

If Everton suffer a points deduction this season that causes us to be relegated, the club finishing above us in 17th would be our replacement in the Premier League for next season.

I picked Luton because they are currently the team that would be bumped out of the relegation zone if we were sent into it by a points deduction.

There’s too many different sources claiming this is true to be totally wrong. It really is a case of softening up prior to an official announcement to lessen any shock value. Most non partisan readers will just react with a shrug saying it was inevitable. As for Chelsea facing a similar sanction for their more obvious infractions, and continuing daily disclosures about how Abramovich conducted business over the years, I’d expect them to get a pass, as the rationale will be that it all happened under a previous regime.
Jarg sources designed to troll at that

But actively relegating Everton - which is the extreme version of that, and something different I'm trying to draw a distinction with - would not benefit the product.

…they won’t want a threat in the city of Liverpool to their biggest cash cow, especially with a bright new stadium on the horizon.

I think you are correct in that the PL aren't looking to deliberately relegate us but if we put ourselves in a position where a drop is likely, they may just give us a nudge in that direction as its a 'great story' for the product. A couple of seasons ago we had quite a few shocking decisions go against us that could have made a difference to our plight.

I think you are correct in that the PL aren't looking to deliberately relegate us but if we put ourselves in a position where a drop is likely, they may just give us a nudge in that direction as its a 'great story' for the product. A couple of seasons ago we had quite a few shocking decisions go against us that could have made a difference to our plight.
Yeah, see I don't agree.

Relegating us isn't good for business, ultimately.

Narrowly avoiding it, unfortunately, is.

Status
Not open for further replies.