Financial Fair Play investigation

Status
Not open for further replies.
20 of us, 50 of you

We ran you off mush, Zulu Zulu Zulu
Hardest man in the Brum crew is probably one of UB40. For that reason alone, your claims are utter tripe.

As for the the punishment that may/may not be doled out to Everton, the latest excitement seems to stem from a throwaway comment made by Simon Jordan. A man nowhere near as 'in tune' with current goings on as his usual dopey listeners would like to believe.

"The Club strongly contests the allegation of non-compliance and together with its independent team of experts is entirely confident that it remains compliant with all financial rules and regulations."
Yeah but the club isn’t renowned for honesty is it.

See Usmanov.
See Headlockgate.

I thought the City announcement of record profits yesterday was part of the mood music being played prior to the decision on us. That, added to certain reporters stating they believe we'd stay up "even with a 12 point deduction" and others stating it will be a points deducted in the last few days makes me feel the decision is imminent.

By the weekend I believe. Today or tomorrow.

"The Club strongly contests the allegation of non-compliance and together with its independent team of experts is entirely confident that it remains compliant with all financial rules and regulations."
They're hardly going to say "yup, we're bang to rights."

You're free to take the powers that be in charge of our football club at their word, but I've seen and heard enough from them over the years to treat these remarks with scepticism.

Do you think 'they' would want Arsenal out if Usmanov and Moshiri were still investing there?
Yes, look what happened at Chelsea and they were not investing at Arsenal they had stakes (Moshiri stake was minimal like Kenwrights here) Usmanov grew frustrated that Kronke wouldn't sell him a larger stake. Gunners fans were always skeptical of the pair as there was a lot of talk they wanted to go down a route of galacticos which isn't really the Arsenal way

There’s too many different sources claiming this is true to be totally wrong. It really is a case of softening up prior to an official announcement to lessen any shock value. Most non partisan readers will just react with a shrug saying it was inevitable. As for Chelsea facing a similar sanction for their more obvious infractions, and continuing daily disclosures about how Abramovich conducted business over the years, I’d expect them to get a pass, as the rationale will be that it all happened under a previous regime.

I agree - what I'm saying is that the statement they issued is precisely the statement I'd expect, regardless of the club's true thoughts on the investigation.

I don't think it tells us anything of value, personally.
Exactly. If they are planning to fight it (i.e. think there is a chance of winning, even if they know they are guilty) then the message will be "we did nothing wrong".
No judge is going to say "well, the defence lawyer say's he did nothing wrong, so he must be telling the truth".

I thought the City announcement of record profits yesterday was part of the mood music being played prior to the decision on us. That, added to certain reporters stating they believe we'd stay up "even with a 12 point deduction" and others stating it will be a points deducted in the last few days makes me feel the decision is imminent.

By the weekend I believe. Today or tomorrow.

Don't scare off the money.

Status
Not open for further replies.