Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 105 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,259 92.3%

• Total voters
Well for a start we're going to get close to what we get from goodison in revenue for a year in about 2 games. Naming rights (think it's 200 cruise ships will go past it a year making it attractive to so many suitors). Events outside of football (concerts, it has 7 changing rooms so can't confirm what else it's going to be used for). The fan zone has also got permission to be used for outdoor events like the waterfront giggs.

Even if it takes a while to pay off, the benefits completely outweigh staying at goodison and will not leave us in the red at all.

The finance isn't something I can comment on, but if you're worried speak to anyone who works for Llaings and they'll confirm it's fully accounted for.

Or just ask your mate Esk, he'll give you some incredibly wrong but negative financial assumptions.
Not sure how you can make that first statement given all the ticket prices have yet to be confirmed.

We are nowhere close as yet to any kind of naming rights deal - having employed an outfit in the US who have produced diddley-squat in terms of any interested parties, so unless you're thinking Cunard or P&O and their cruise liners are coming on board, naming rights revenue is still up in the air.

As for concerts, there are only a finite number of stadia concerts each year in the UK, largely due to the vagaries of the climate, and there are already more than enough venues with an established record of hosting such gigs - Wembley, the Etihad, Old Trafford (cricket and football), Anfield, Sunderland, Villa Park, Spurs and others. Everton probably haven't even got around to schmoozing the major concert promoters yet, and that will leave BMD even further down the list of open-air venues to be chosen from.

If the finance - that you claimed was sorted and yet now cannot comment on - was sorted, why did MSP, Andy Bell and now 777 pouring money in on a monthly basis to keep the project going ??????

We need to be realistic not fanciful.

Well for a start we're going to get close to what we get from goodison in revenue for a year in about 2 games. Naming rights (think it's 200 cruise ships will go past it a year making it attractive to so many suitors). Events outside of football (concerts, it has 7 changing rooms so can't confirm what else it's going to be used for). The fan zone has also got permission to be used for outdoor events like the waterfront giggs.

Even if it takes a while to pay off, the benefits completely outweigh staying at goodison and will not leave us in the red at all.

The finance isn't something I can comment on, but if you're worried speak to anyone who works for Llaings and they'll confirm it's fully accounted for.

Or just ask your mate Esk, he'll give you some incredibly wrong but negative financial assumptions.
Oh seen above. I'm over the moon we have a new stadium, but it's not going to be a commercial success.

Not sure how you can make that first statement given all the ticket prices have yet to be confirmed.

We are nowhere close as yet to any kind of naming rights deal - having employed an outfit in the US who have produced diddley-squat in terms of any interested parties, so unless you're thinking Cunard or P&O and their cruise liners are coming on board, naming rights revenue is still up in the air.

As for concerts, there are only a finite number of stadia concerts each year in the UK, largely due to the vagaries of the climate, and there are already more than enough venues with an established record of hosting such gigs - Wembley, the Etihad, Old Trafford (cricket and football), Anfield, Sunderland, Villa Park, Spurs and others. Everton probably haven't even got around to schmoozing the major concert promoters yet, and that will leave BMD even further down the list of open-air venues to be chosen from.

If the finance - that you claimed was sorted and yet now cannot comment on - was sorted, why did MSP, Andy Bell and now 777 pouring money in on a monthly basis to keep the project going ??????

We need to be realistic not fanciful.

Because the thing isn't even built yet, the top tiered hospitality (a few levels that cost ridiculous money) got sold as soon as they got on sale - mainly by contractors working on the site.

Those stadiums are extremely close to houses and neighbourhoods; this isn't and it was built with that in mind. You don't think a 20,000 fan zone won't be utilised at every opportunity?

Not sure what you're on about with the finance bit, it would have been mothballed by now if there was any serious doubts on payments.

This negativity is such a depressant on the one major generational change for the club we have, it absolutely frustrates me we have fans looking to find any sort of issue when they have no idea on what's going on.

Because the thing isn't even built yet, the top tiered hospitality (a few levels that cost ridiculous money) got sold as soon as they got on sale - mainly by contractors working on the site.

Those stadiums are extremely close to houses and neighbourhoods; this isn't and it was built with that in mind. You don't think a 20,000 fan zone won't be utilised at every opportunity?

Not sure what you're on about with the finance bit, it would have been mothballed by now if there was any serious doubts on payments.

This negativity is such a depressant on the one major generational change for the club we have, it absolutely frustrates me we have fans looking to find any sort of issue when they have no idea on what's going on.
This just goes to show you've got your head buried in the sand... it's no secret that all the money MSP and Andy Bell invested went straight to the stadium project and that 777 have already committed north of £40million, purely to the project.

It's not negativity, it's fact.

And your argument over concerts is dumb... those other stadia might be close to housing and neighbourhoods but, they are already acceptable to the promoters... and that's the point, already accepted. You can't just throw another half a dozen stadium concerts into the calendar, there aren't the acts and the weather comes into play as the calendar would need to be expanded into the difficult-to-predict times of the year.
Try talking to a promoter and see if I'm wrong.

This just goes to show you've got your head buried in the sand... it's no secret that all the money MSP and Andy Bell invested went straight to the stadium project and that 777 have already committed north of £40million, purely to the project.

It's not negativity, it's fact.

And your argument over concerts is dumb... those other stadia might be close to housing and neighbourhoods but, they are already acceptable to the promoters... and that's the point, already accepted. You can't just throw another half a dozen stadium concerts into the calendar, there aren't the acts and the weather comes into play as the calendar would need to be expanded into the difficult-to-predict times of the year.
Try talking to a promoter and see if I'm wrong.

Reckon we should can it? And yes as I said in another post I know people who work at ACC and they've advised it's going to be the biggest threat apart from Manchester for giggs and events.

Reckon we should can it? And yes as I said in another post I know people who work at ACC and they've advised it's going to be the biggest threat apart from Manchester for giggs and events.
No, I don't think BM should be canned.
I have major reservations about it, if I'm brutally honest however, it's too far down the line anyway.

I stand by my assertions that there aren't enough big stadia gigs and there are already enough venues to host those already calendarised for 2024/25... see the recent Springsteen gig announcements as an example.

BM will need to be 'sold' to the concert promoters, it being there will not 'lure' gigs to be moved.

No, I don't think BM should be canned.
I have major reservations about it, if I'm brutally honest however, it's too far down the line anyway.

I stand by my assertions that there aren't enough big stadia gigs and there are already enough venues to host those already calendarised for 2024/25... see the recent Springsteen gig announcements as an example.

BM will need to be 'sold' to the concert promoters, it being there will not 'lure' gigs to be moved.
Don’t know about ‘moved’ but I do believe it will an aspirational location to add to a tour itinerary.
Certainly over the cabbage patch.