Bill Kenwright

Kenwright sold the club to that charlatan on the basis that he was the only one willing to keep him around as chairman.
I sympathise with his family and friends. And it seems like people who knew him liked him. But from a football perspective I've never been overly keen on him myself. He should have stepped a side a long time ago. However, selling the club wasn't an easy task, sure, being kept on might have influenced his decision. But there aren't that many billionaire buyers out there that don't have blood on their hands. Bizarrely an oligarch seemed to be one of the better choices? Would you rather an oligarch or the likes of the Saudis? Ideally neither but were there any other options? Who knows.

The fact in his recent days as Chairman He could not attend Goodison rightly or wrongly - I feel the funeral - if public would have happened by now ?

I have no idea if he did, but if he passed in Hospital it is not uncommon for a low level inquest to be held before a body is released. NHS Trust self preservation basically.

edit. Bobby Charlton died, (in hospital) on 21st Oct. Funeral 13th November.

The fact in his recent days as Chairman He could not attend Goodison rightly or wrongly - I feel the funeral - if public would have happened by now ?
Id of thought it the other way round if it was private it would have been sorted but very hard to hide from the media with i presume celebrities' wanting to attend, may be its the the arranging a last trip around the old lady that's causing the problems i cant see Goodison not being involved smehow.

Which would be true if Delia Smith wasn't born and raised in Surrey...

Haha, touche. Although she was actually born in Surrey and raised in Kent.

However her and her hubby have lived locally since the early 1970s, marrying in Suffolk in 1971 and living there since, bought Norwich in 1996 so had lived in the area for 25 years, and now 52 years (from the age of 30, now 82). In modern football where oil rich Middle Eastern states and American venture capitalists buy our football clubs, I think that still very much qualifies as local, although there is a rather unfortunate photograph of her wearing an Ipswich Town scarf in the 1970s, and I do wonder whether she could quite easily have become the owner of Ipswich Town if it had been the scum in dire financial straights rather than us (and therefore it was our shares they could afford to buy).

Bill Kenwright was of course born in Liverpool but chose to reside in London! Understandable of course, considering his profession.

Still, Matthew Benham is a good current example, grew up in Slough as a lifetime supporter of Brentford; 29 minute drive from Slough to Brentford. Remarkable what he has done for that club and fair play to him. Tony Bloom the majority shareholder at Brighton was born and raised in Brighton, as a Brighton fan, and Joe Lewis and Daniel Levy of Spurs are both Londoners, so still not quite true that Bill Kenwright is the last of the local owners even if we're just talking Premier League.

Haha, touche. Although she was actually born in Surrey and raised in Kent.

However her and her hubby have lived locally since the early 1970s, marrying in Suffolk in 1971 and living there since, bought Norwich in 1996 so had lived in the area for 25 years, and now 52 years (from the age of 30, now 82). In modern football where oil rich Middle Eastern states and American venture capitalists buy our football clubs, I think that still very much qualifies as local, although there is a rather unfortunate photograph of her wearing an Ipswich Town scarf in the 1970s, and I do wonder whether she could quite easily have become the owner of Ipswich Town if it had been the scum in dire financial straights rather than us (and therefore it was our shares they could afford to buy).

Bill Kenwright was of course born in Liverpool but chose to reside in London! Understandable of course, considering his profession.

Still, Matthew Benham is a good current example, grew up in Slough as a lifetime supporter of Brentford; 29 minute drive from Slough to Brentford. Remarkable what he has done for that club and fair play to him. Tony Bloom the majority shareholder at Brighton was born and raised in Brighton, as a Brighton fan, and Joe Lewis and Daniel Levy of Spurs are both Londoners, so still not quite true that Bill Kenwright is the last of the local owners even if we're just talking Premier League.
Always thought she'd missed a trick with her own footy pie line, "Big Deals* Meat & Potato", interesting to get a view from afar of how our club is run and the spectacle that is the ownership.

He could attend games Joe. He chose not to. Its nobody's fault but his own if he chose to, he irrationally thought that fans would do him harm because he'd started to believe his own lies about phantom headlocks and the like. He was never bared from Goodison or anything remotely close. He and the other cowards chose to stay away because they didn't want the wicked old fans shouting mean things at them.🙄

He could attend games Joe. He chose not to. Its nobody's fault but his own if he chose to, he irrationally thought that fans would do him harm because he'd started to believe his own lies about phantom headlocks and the like. He was never bared from Goodison or anything remotely close. He and the other cowards chose to stay away because they didn't want the wicked old fans shouting mean things at them.🙄
He chose not to attend then - I think there might be a service from the club
With maybe a poor turn out ourside from the fans ? Who knows atm.....I am not his biggest fan tbh .