New Everton Stadium Discussion

It's a 90 minute game of football; it's no harm but no place in a stadium in my opinion. Space could be better utilised.
There are prescribed times of day for prayer in certain religions. Games can pretty much take place at any time from midday to 10pm these days, so it isn’t beyond the realms of possibility that some match goers might need to leave the match briefly to pray. Rather than ostracise them from the rest, the club has decided to cater for them, which is a class move IMO.

because some like to go to the game and be able to pray. Praying is important to them. Seems like a no brainer to give someone a quiet room to pray in. If they can fill the stadium with bars because you like to have a beer at half time, surely providing some room because you like to have a prayer isn't too much to ask.

I'm literally in a relationship with a Muslim and even she thinks it's bizarre.

Half time pint is nothing compared to going a game and missing a chunk of it to pray. Leg your virtue signalling it's pathetic to be honest.

Half time pint is nothing compared to going a game and missing a chunk of it to pray. Leg your virtue signalling it's pathetic to be honest.
Ah, well if one Muslim thinks it’s weird, may as well sack the whole thing off.

She may not be devout, and that’s fine, but for the many that are it will allow them to enjoy one of their favourite pastimes and fulfil their commitment to their religion. I personally think it’s bizarre to find that in any way bizarre.

I also think “virtue signalling” is a term used exclusively by enormous, usually racist whoppers but each to their own, eh?

There are prescribed times of day for prayer in certain religions. Games can pretty much take place at any time from midday to 10pm these days, so it isn’t beyond the realms of possibility that some match goers might need to leave the match briefly to pray. Rather than ostracise them from the rest, the club has decided to cater for them, which is a class move IMO.
The stadium will also be a place of work away from the actual footy. Shops, bars, offices, etc etc.

People still need to follow their faith during work hours.

I'm literally in a relationship with a Catholic and she thinks it's sound.

The club are trying to convince people to spend as much time as possible at the ground, it may be that people would like an opportunity to pray without disturbing others while they are there, which may or may not be during a match. I just dont get why people are at all bothered. Personally, I think its a good thing that they are catering to people of all backgrounds.

The Nou Camp had had a prayer room in it since it was built. Many stadiums do, it's a normal thing.

Seeing that Spurs stadium all lit up for Monday night football. You can’t help but think ahead to how good a fully completed BMD will look for those night games when the helicopter flies over
You're 100 percent right, it'll look glorious lit up at night but I also think the real difference with Bramley Moore compared to most stadiums will be that it'll look just as glorious in the daylight with the dock behind glistening, the Mersey in the background with the city landscape.

Most stadiums look better at night because you can't see the surrounding areas they're set in but Bramley Moore will be equally beautiful at night or day.

Jokes aside the stadium is actually getting prayer rooms. Why that belongs in a stadium baffles me:
I can't wait to sink a few pints then head to the prayer room.

Screenshot_20231106_190120.jpg