Financial Fair Play investigation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah I’ve seen them. Clearly states that they can’t enter a new non approved competition. Don’t have to play in it, but they all entered it. The new rule has made it less ambiguous.

The PL bowed to the scab 6 and it was pathetic.
Read it again the relevant point is when it says “ During the Season “

The old rule wasn’t ambiguous it was totally useless and any brief would drive a coach and horses through any charge siting a breech of the old rule L9

Last edited:
Read it again the relevant point is when it says “ During the Season “

The old rule wasn’t ambiguous it was totally useless and any brief would drive a coach and horses through any charge siting a breech of the old rule L9

I brought this up yo you yesterday. As far as I'm concerned, they could, and should, have been charged with bringing the game in to disrepute.

Why are you adamant the PL couldn't have charged them with anything?

Hope we are not found Guilty with the witch hunt that is gathering momentum. Remember, innocent before proven guilty. Lets see how it pans out. Hope we have good lawyers

Not looking good this.

If the FFP issue doesn’t do for us, the collapse of the 777 takeover will.

Bill (God rest his soul) checked out just at the right time.

The only thing that I can't get my head around with this is the "acceptance" that a huge punishment is on its way justified by a media frenzy wanting the club to get a good kicking and used as the sacrificial lamb for the rest of the Prem make up numbers.

Stop believing this nonsense.

I have always questioned the media narrative of the term they have sown as " free spending Everton "
Take a good look at our Net spend over the last 5 years or indeed the last 10 years & we are firmly entrenched in the lower reaches of that table.

Have we wasted money ?
Of course we have , but also take a look at our record signings only Gylfi interrupts the top 5 of outgoing transfers.

Do not accept "ANY" punishment at all.
And change the narrative of accepting anything & everything the media churn out almost daily without being challenged.

I think that would be tricky although not sure tbh
Id say the best move would be appeal to the court of arbitration of sport. Less vested interests and far less corruption.

If we lose the case we should sue Man City and demand every club be investigated who spent more than us. Surely, Nottingham forest are out spending their means. Isn't that the purpose of the FFP rules.

Not looking good this.

If the FFP issue doesn’t do for us, the collapse of the 777 takeover will.

Bill (God rest his soul) checked out just at the right time.
Hate to tell you mate, things will be no better if the status quo remains. Moshiri is only getting by due to the loans form MSP and 777, im not a huge fan of 777 but i do think the villian narrative is unwarranted.

The way we have gone over the last 5 years it might be worth doing a costanza and going against our instincts.

I’m pretty sure they did break the rules. There was a number of named competitions that PL clubs are allowed to be part of. Entering or playing in a non sanctioned competition was and is against the rules. They had technically entered the ESL. Therefore broke the rule.

They wanted the best of both to make more money. And they got a slap on the wrist.

PL showed how weak it is. The sooner there is an independent regulator the better.
All six should have been immediately expelled from the league. How far down the pyramid? In not sure,, but it needed to happen.

The 'punishment' was utterly pathetic. And yes, a proper regulator cannot come quick enough.

I brought this up yo you yesterday. As far as I'm concerned, they could, and should, have been charged with bringing the game in to disrepute.

Why are you adamant the PL couldn't have charged them with anything?

Of course the PL could charge any club, any player any official with anything they so desired but the burden of proof in proving the case would have fallen fully on the PL.

Proving a subjective matter, which a claim to disrepute is, based on the PL rulebook in place at the time would be not backed up by any specific breech of a rule.

Do I believe the 6 clubs acted honourably, no. Should there been rules in place to stop this sort of declaration of UDI, of course there should be but the fact that no charges were bought is a clear indication to me that the PL legal team realised that the rule book wasn’t fit for purpose

Difficult to nail down City's and Arsenals because they form part of a combined package with other stuff. I think City's Etihad package is nearly £70m per season.

I expect we'd have done something similar and that £30m might have also included Finch Farm as part of an overall USM package of sponsorship. Not that it matters now anyway (n)
Agree with this. Ukraine has really screwed us from a selfish point hasn’t it.

Id say the best move would be appeal to the court of arbitration of sport. Less vested interests and far less corruption.

If we lose the case we should sue Man City and demand every club be investigated who spent more than us. Surely, Nottingham forest are out spending their means. Isn't that the purpose of the FFP rules.
PL clubs charged in accordance with the PL rules don’t have access to CAS.

I realise these are very emotive and worrying times but it has always been the case that the greater the income a club generates the more they spend . As for suing Man City what would be your grounds to take such any action against them?
It would appear any dispute would be routed through the Arbitration process but at this point in time what would be the basis of a request to take a matter down this route?

It’s rare that transfers fees reported in the press accurately reflect the sums paid. But even when they do there are so many ways of minimising accounting impact be it from granting long contracts to extending an initial shorter contract, from shifting any Amortisation charge ( for FFP & P& S purposes) to a loaning club.

Status
Not open for further replies.