Financial Fair Play investigation

Status
Not open for further replies.
If any clubs decided to sue us, then as long as we are confident we have complied within the set of guidelines, I would imagine we could bring the PL in as a party to legal proceedings. I’m not sure they would be too keen on that. In many ways those pissant clubs threatening proceedings off the back of the verdict has probably helped us. There is no way the PL would want us sued for that amount of money which allows one of Englands most historic clubs and a PL founding member, to be sued and them have the risk of being brought into proceedings. I suspect we will be cleared of the charges.
Not sure they can sue. Any dispute has to go to Arbitration. It is extremely difficult to set aside an arbitration award.

Probably a 6 point deduction. Would put us only 1 point off safety as it stands.

A 2 window transfer ban would be awful with the number of contract expiry’s etc coming up.
Yeah as a hypothetical between the two I’d take the 6 points. You’d make us heavy odds on to make up two points against the teams in the relegation zone over the rest of the season.

Next season the league will be stronger so we can’t afford our squad to be weaker, simple as that.

Not sure they can sue. Any dispute has to go to Arbitration. It is extremely difficult to set aside an arbitration award.
This is the point I have been trying to make although there is a remote possibility that if clubs aren’t in the same league any dispute could (I am far from confident when I say that ) be referred to FIFA

Difference may be that this is not a lay jury. These are professionals one of which will be an accountant. They should not be swayed by whatever public opinion may be or face the same opprobrium that juries face in high profile cases.
They are human and don't live their lives in a 'professional' vacuum.

Everton can’t go to CAS following the commission thats for sure but I was talking about the potential for the likes of Burnley to lodge a complaint against Everton be it under the PL Arbitration rules or maybe even under the Inter Club process complained within FIFAs statutes and that process definitely has a route to CAS.

But it'll be completely futile because of how long it'll take as well as the fact those clubs won't get recompensed lost earnings via Everton Football Club.

CAS would never agree that due to Everton being found guilty fiddling some books, that they should pay millions to clubs effected by relegation as it would open a hornets nest in every league.

But then it comes back to...if the idea that Burnley etc would sue another club due to loss of income due to relegation...then Liverpool, United etc could sue City for the money they would've been due to higher league places and cup success.

But let's have it right...Who own Leeds and Burnley? That's right... Americans. Their constitutional right is to sue anyone if they feel aggrieved. Leicester just would like some money

Southampton and Forest have stood back from it. Wonder why? Especially Southampton.

Our own fans pick'n'mixing what punishment the club will take. Unbelievable.

The Telegraph will be pissing themselves.

How about we retain the more reasonable stance of saying "we're innocent of these spurious 'crimes', so GTF"?
Right again Dave.. look at the hullabaloo Liverpool caused over a dodgy VAR call and have basically ensured that they won't get another bad call again this season.. and here's us trying to decide whether a 6 point deduction would be better or worse than a transfer ban.

Sorry but my position is supported by the facts of the matter. Yours, understandably, is emotive

Had the PL been in a position to charge the 6 clubs with all the current and at the time issues of governance and regulation then they would have done so.
Answer me this: why did the 6 clubs who wanted to leave to form a ESL accept a £22M fine?

Why would they feel the need to pay it if the PL weren't in any position to hand one out?

I'll tell you why - because they knew that the PL can do what they did in giving a fine or hand out something more substantial by way of a punishment. They can do what they want. It's their organisation.

Right again Dave.. look at the hullabaloo Liverpool caused over a dodgy VAR call.. and here's us trying to decide whether a 6 point deduction would be better or worse than a transfer ban.
It's pathetic.

Talk about doing the PLs work for them.

If this were the Kopites they'd have hounded every media outlet in the country to see it their way and sent bullets in the post to any of them who didn't tow the line. We have fans who weigh up what's best: a terrible punishment or a slightly less terrible punishment.

Just a January window ban and a fine.

In fact... wouldn't be surprised if that was the outcome.
Which is what i expect and always said a Fine and maybe transfer ban, If its this window or 2 windows, or whatever - Dont kow why people are talking like its a 100% cert that we have points deducted when it was one story leaked, which others just passed on as thier own. and dont know why people keep working stuff out based on whatever number of points deducted they come up with that we can get safe with. All if Guilty & anything off course

As I have stated on numerous occasions I don’t think UEFAs FFP or the PL version is appropriate or indeed fit for purpose but the rules in regulations are in place and maybe in PL terms Everton are the first to be judged by way of a commission they certainly won’t be the last.
The 6 clubs that signed up for the ESL didn’t break any PL rule. They have never been charged nor have they be fined.

Yes those 6 have been understandably be found guilty in the court of public opinion but to state they have been fined is just not fact so trying to draw comparisons with the current charge facing Everton is subjective to say the least

Haven't Man City been awaiting about 115 charges ? Going back about 8 years ? The big 6 should all have been charged for bringing the whole game into disrepute. Instead they were given a paltry fine, a slap on the wrist. Do you think that was fair, especially when the Premier league, who's worked alongside Everton during this period and CLEARED THEM, have now done a full 180 and incredibly want a 12 point deduction. Suppose you think that would be "fair " as well. lol

Answer me this: why did the 6 clubs who wanted to leave to form a ESL accept a £22M fine?

Why would they feel the need to pay it if the PL weren't in any position to hand one out?

I'll tell you why - because they knew that the PL can do what they did in giving a fine or hand out something more substantial by way of a punishment. They can do what they want. It's their organisation.
They didn’t pay any fine.

They didn’t pay any fine to the PL. That’s a fact . Even the fines handed out by UEFA have had to been withdrawn because, well there doesn’t appear to be anything done by 9 clubs ( 3 still are fighting their corner ) that would stand up . It’s their competition and they can’t do what they want !
They paid collectively a sum which for all intents in purposes would be equivalent to one maybe two games takings.Fact
There is absolutely no doubt that if the PL had been in a position to charge the clubs with any confidence that the charge would succeed them to show the football world I am 100% that they would have levelled charges against them.
As to why the clubs paid it was I believe quite simply because they needed to show contrition and £4 million was a small sum to pay whereas the initial suggestions from the PL were, it was reported, significantly more than the sum they paid

It's pathetic.

If this were the Kopites they'd have hounded every media outlet in the country to see it their way and sent bullets in the post to any of them who didn't toe the line. We have fans who weigh up what's best: a terrible punishment or a slightly less terrible punishment.
The volume of fans “bending over” wanting swift punishment because we “deserve it” is staggering. If that’s our attitude then we deserve all we get.

Let’s remember… no published official charges, closed inquiry, no updates officially, only press speculation… and some want us to take whatever is rumoured to be on the cards.

Sorry but my position is supported by the facts of the matter. Yours, understandably, is emotive

Had the PL been in a position to charge the 6 clubs with all the current and at the time issues of governance and regulation then they would have done so.
Rule E3(1)
‘A Participant shall at all times act in the best interests of the game and shall not act in any manner which is improper or brings the game into disrepute"

I'd say that planning to leave the league and set up a closed shop league for massive financial gain would fall under this rule.
Rules were undoubtedly broken yet a slap on the wrist.

It's pathetic.

If this were the Kopites they'd have hounded every media outlet in the country to see it their way and sent bullets in the post to any of them who didn't tow the line. We have fans who weigh up what's best: a terrible punishment or a slightly less terrible punishment.

The volume of fans “bending over” wanting swift punishment because we “deserve it” is staggering. If that’s our attitude then we deserve all we get.

Let’s remember… no published official charges, closed inquiry, no updates officially, only press speculation… and some want us to take whatever is rumoured to be on the cards.
Not seeing any massive shouts in the media about not punishing the fans in our case, such as those for the scab 6 when they tried to kill football - let’s see what noise there is about city’s ffp issues and punishing their fans?

Status
Not open for further replies.