Bill Kenwright

He should have stepped back the day he sold the club to Moshiri. By all means retain some shares and continue to attend matches but his involvement in the running of the football club in any shape or form should have ended then. I'm sure had he done that, he'd have been able to enjoy his final months attending matches instead of being ostracised and watching from afar.

Without doubt. While myself and many others were very critical on here, at that point Bill probably had the backing of the majority of
fans. He needed that decision taking out of his hands by a strong owner with a vision but Moshiri was never going to be that person and we ended up where we did.

Terrible on Moshiri's part. Bill Kenwright was never going to walk away from Everton even when it was surely obvious to everyone around him it would be best.
I think the opposite, I think this is why he was kept on.

The sad part is, he couldn’t attend Goodison because of himself. Some of the drivel on TalkSport been embarrassing, one guy blames younger fans for making him I’ll and unable to attend

One thing I don't get..

Last week or so the club stated he was home and on the way to a complete but lengthy recovery.

Now he has passed.

I'm no stranger to hospitals, recoveries etc but I find the statement ten days or so ago very strange now.

One thing abundantly clear is Bills generosity to charity. Lovely to read.

If you have a spare 45 mins.

Thanks for this link. Sue Lawley interview recorded in 1998 prior to his appointment as chairman.
Around 24 mins he talks about missing out on taking over the club when Johnson bought us. He picks Z cars as his favourite record. The History of Everton as his favourite book -44 mins. 3pm on a Saturday when he's happiest. At 36 mins he talks about beating Wimbledon 3-2.
I don't think I've ever heard anyone speak about our club the way he does aside from my brothers.
Quite emotional really. He was and always will be one of us.

Thanks for this link. Sue Lawley interview recorded in 1998 prior to his appointment as chairman.
Around 24 mins he talks about missing out on taking over the club when Johnson bought us. He picks Z cars as his favourite record. The History of Everton as his favourite book -44 mins. 3pm on a Saturday when he's happiest. At 36 mins he talks about beating Wimbledon 3-2.
I don't think I've ever heard anyone speak about our club the way he does aside from my brothers.
Quite emotional really. He was and always will be one of us.
He was a big blue and a lovely fella but an awful chairman who stayed long enough to become the villain

One thing I don't get..

Last week or so the club stated he was home and on the way to a complete but lengthy recovery.

Now he has passed.

I'm no stranger to hospitals, recoveries etc but I find the statement ten days or so ago very strange now.

One thing abundantly clear is Bills generosity to charity. Lovely to read.
I think that was the warning sign in all honesty, making things sound better than it actually was to allow Bill to spend his final days in peace

Ths will be great to reflect on in a few days.

Kenwright legacy was one of failure, I’ve made it clear that as dust settles he’s the worst thing to every happen to the club.
However, a man has lost his life and I think he deserves that respect.

RIP Bill, regards with your family.
Honestly, no need for this. Your opinion at this time means nothing, so keep it to yourself.