Match Thread Liverpool v Everton - Preview, Match Report & MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Let's not get too down here. Liverpool were awful. Klopps celebrations show that they know they've got away with it.

Crowd were terrible, never known it so bad. Is it like that every week for them?

Defensively were were quite strong and well organised. Stand tall blues.

They needed to bring on a £90m player after we went down to 10 men as they were struggling so much to trouble us.

wel get them back!

We had one shot on target, in the 1st minute.....

They had 26 shots and 78% possession

Nah we were boss, we really showed them!!!! The changes were totally baffling, I still think Dyche is out of his depth....
Couldn’t agree more that Dyche is out of his depth. In spite of him, we merited a 0-0 with 10 men at a notoriously difficult place to play.

We can lose to a better team, while at a material disadvantage, and it not be a bumming.

This is from Stephen Warnock of all people, shows how bad that call was:
'My big thing here is what is the assistant referee doing? What is the fourth official doing?

We keep getting told that they are a team of officials, then be a team! The only person who will be reprimanded for this is Craig Pawson, he will be the one lambasted for making a wrong decision.

You've got three people here that could have told him he'd gotten that wrong. Help each other out, tell them 'you've got it wrong there mate. It's a second yellow.'

Also the audacity then to book Sean Dyche for complaining, it's a stinker of a decision.

I could have a big bearing on this game. Everton could now be up against ten men and be going for the win again, it changes the momentum completely!'

My gut feel is Dyche panicked at half time. Taking off both Harrison and McNeil was just stupid.
Just changing the formation. With four at the back, Harrison and McNeil needed to help out their full backs. (Which Harrison was not so effective at. With five at the back, the central defenders can help the full back out and allow them to attack a bit.

MoM Onana for me, but Branthwaite and Mykolenko had a good shout.

Status
Not open for further replies.